Help with suit (urgent)

GTBill

Established Member
I have a pair of black slacks and a "sport coat" that i haven't wore in years. i need to wear the set tonight. the problem is the sport coat has a chocolate stain thats been there since december 2005. it was liquid chocolate when it set and i wiped it off (then), but it still stained (of course). i went to 2 different dry cleaners today and they both told me to **** off...i even offered extra money.

so, my question is...HOW DO I GET THE STAIN OUT? OR LESS NOTICEABLE?!

tia! :beer:

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Where is the stain? Also, depending on the size of the stain you can always sharpie it to match the rest of the coat.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
It won't kill you to get some oxy clean and a toothbrush, and wash it in the washing machine on cold. Tumble dry with no heat. I'd stop it and let it sit with the door open to air out for a minute or 2 like every 10min or so. A lot of times when you take things to the "dry cleaners" they just throw your shit in the washing machine. If that doesn't work you're going to have to do what Mr Mach-ete said. Even Vernon Davis has a chocolate jacket.

chocojacket.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are a lot of great sales going on now, so I'd buy a new sports coat. You'll probably wear it again anyway.

txyaloo

Established Member
IDK where you are in Texas, but you go Jos Bank before 9pm and buy a new coat for $150. BTW - a sport coat and odd trousers is not a suit...

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Ship it to me and I will burn it. For a nominal fee :burn:

So whats the final verdict OP? Which route did you go?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Running hot water, then use vinegar and a brush. Where is the stain at? Buy an ugly tie no one will notice the stain!

Users who are viewing this thread