Hemi State Trooper Charger vs Sport Bike

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
You do realize that even if you wayyyy behind someone, you might still be able to see him. He didn't say the charger was doing 180 mph.

Ah, see when he said "hitting 180 and he couldn't shake the Charger" I figured the Charger would have to be a little closer then wayyyy behind him. Assuming a chase actually happened with the bike at 180 mph, and that the chase lasted over a minute... to keep the bike even in sight the Charger would have to be doing atleast 160. I still don't see that happening.

Last edited:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I know some crazy riders out there.... but I dont know anyone crazy enough to turn around to look or even turn their head to lookin a mirror that is prolly rattling to bad to make out any recognizable shapes at 180MPH

Poppacapp

Established Member
I know some crazy riders out there.... but I dont know anyone crazy enough to turn around to look or even turn their head to lookin a mirror that is prolly rattling to bad to make out any recognizable shapes at 180MPH

First off, motorcycle speedos are notorious for being at least 10% off. Meaning that 180 was more like 162 provided they didnt have a Speedohealer installed to correct the error.

Also, anyone dumb enough to sit up and look back on a bike doing 180mph deserves what they will get.. which is blown right off the bike.

jhonda

Established Member
I know a few police men. They said when a bike runs from them they put the lights on give chase for about 30 seconds and then stop chase. A few minutes later they wait for rescue to be called and go pick them up.

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
I think some of you are way underrating the speed/power of a 06+ stock 600cc modern sport bike. Point in case my old 03 r6 bone stock went 10.9 @ 125. My 06 gsxr600 stock pulled a local member/close friend many times from rolls varying from 20-45, his car is a whipple/cams 03 cobra that made 690whp. Find someone who can actually ride and that doesnt weigh 150+lbs.

SneakyPete

Banned
I think some of you are way underrating the speed/power of a 06+ stock 600cc modern sport bike. Point in case my old 03 r6 bone stock went 10.9 @ 125. My 06 gsxr600 stock pulled a local member/close friend many times from rolls varying from 20-45, his car is a whipple/cams 03 cobra that made 690whp. Find someone who can actually ride and that doesnt weigh 150+lbs.

oh boy......get your :burn: suit on. these guys don't think 600's can beat stock Cobras let alone whipple cars...

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Ah, see when he said "hitting 180 and he couldn't shake the Charger" I figured the Charger would have to be a little closer then wayyyy behind him. Assuming a chase actually happened with the bike at 180 mph, and that the chase lasted over a minute... to keep the bike even in sight the Charger would have to be doing atleast 160. I still don't see that happening.

He did say that Charger was an SRT8 and it can do 160.

SneakyPete

Banned
Someone who doesn't care about running from the man please come take my bike, take the gopro and prove the OP wrong when that 5k lb police issue POS pulls out on you.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
He did say that Charger was an SRT8 and it can do 160.

By the time that Charger POLICE CAR finally gets to 160, do you know how far of a gap there would be with a bike? Then the bike can hold 160, while the Charger if having to switch lanes or go around even the slightest bend will need to slow down alot. It just would never happen.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
By the time that Charger POLICE CAR finally gets to 160, do you know how far of a gap there would be with a bike? Then the bike can hold 160, while the Charger if having to switch lanes or go around even the slightest bend will need to slow down alot. It just would never happen.

I agree a bike should have no issue getting away from a police car. I'm just saying a SRT cruiser would be alot faster than the standard Charger cruiser.

Are you saying the bike is taking these bends at 160 without slowing down?

19935.slow

Established Member
If the charger is doing over 100 and can still see the bike, given time, it will pull the bike back. That is all. Anyone that has raced a bike can vouch for that. Aeros and top speed will kill the bike. A 5.7 hemi could easily do 160, it would prob take 5 miles, but it can do it.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
If the charger is doing over 100 and can still see the bike, given time, it will pull the bike back. That is all. Anyone that has raced a bike can vouch for that. Aeros and top speed will kill the bike. A 5.7 hemi could easily do 160, it would prob take 5 miles, but it can do it.

I dont think a 5.7 will do 160. I had an 07 RT for a patrol car and the highest I ever had it was 147 ish. The new ones MIGHT do 150-155 but I dont see 160 especially with all the extra weight of the cage and equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread