Here is an update on the number produced so far

Snkedriver

Established Member
The GT500 is built on the same line as the 5.0.

And yes the GT500 should begin to be produced in March.

Figuring out when you may get yours, well you might have better luck figuring out tonight's lottery numbers lol

2014 will be a short production cycle, with probably less than 3k cars built.

Iceman may have some additional
Insight

Why will they only build 3K 14's?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member

Actually they are saying around 3500 to 4000 now. The reason being the entire MY14 is going to be shortened due to changing the plant over for an early MY15 release. MY14 is tentatively scheduled to cease in October. That would make production of MY 14 about 5 months shorter than MY13.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Actually they are saying around 3500 to 4000 now. The reason being the entire MY14 is going to be shortened due to changing the plant over for an early MY15 release. MY14 is tentatively scheduled to cease in October. That would make production of MY 14 about 5 months shorter than MY13.

This would explain why one of my clients was allowed to order cars for stock last week

drmustang

Banned

Just out of curiosity, who are "They"?

Shhhh

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, who are "They"?

signs_tinfoil_hats.jpg

drmustang

Banned

Oh Yeah, I would believe that. Last week it was going to be 2500 units with all the inherent shortage overtones due to an abbreviated MY and now its up to 4000. What a difference a week makes. It is likely reasonable to assume that there will be enough GT500s made as there have been every other year.

C0bra99

Established Member
Oh Yeah, I would believe that. Last week it was going to be 2500 units with all the inherent shortage overtones due to an abbreviated MY and now its up to 4000. What a difference a week makes. It is likely reasonable to assume that there will be enough GT500s made as there have been every other year.
What the F*** is your problem. How dense are you? If there are so many available why don't you go get one? Hell if there are an overabundance you should even get it at invoice. Your one of those guys that asks people to help them move and then bitch about how long it taking. Why don't you crawl back to into your cave.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Do you even own a Mustang? You're a major Jacka$$, at least these guys own or have owned a 13 Shelby.

Myfast70

Established Member
That's the really interesting part. Knowing you have 1 of less than 100 of something ever built would be cool.

When I inquired with another member on this board he informed me that my exact car as I built it is a 1 of 1 :dancenana:

I guess I'll have to wait for a chart like posted above to truly verify but i feel my source is pretty accurate.

dotmpeg

Established Member
When I inquired with another member on this board he informed me that my exact car as I built it is a 1 of 1 :dancenana:

I guess I'll have to wait for a chart like posted above to truly verify but i feel my source is pretty accurate.

What color is your car? What options?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member

I never insinuated there would be any "shortage" of GT 500's. the only place that I know for a fact there is a shortage of GT500's, is in your driveway.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

When I originally posted that number. That's what they were saying.

What appears to have happened was that the order rate for 2014 was higher than anticipated- so why not sell more- which is when stock orders opened up.

I knew Something was up the other day when one of my clients could order a car for stock (posted that in 14 GT500 thread).

Like any business- supply and demand will usually determine production. This car is in demand- so they're going to build more to satisfy such demand.

drmustang

Banned
When I originally posted that number. That's what they were saying.

What appears to have happened was that the order rate for 2014 was higher than anticipated- so why not sell more- which is when stock orders opened up.

I knew Something was up the other day when one of my clients could order a car for stock (posted that in 14 GT500 thread).

Like any business- supply and demand will usually determine production. This car is in demand- so they're going to build more to satisfy such demand.

Ya Think? Really?

So we can flush all the crap about allocation cutbacks for unknown reasons, engine shortages, limited production, blah, blah,blah and just go with common sense as in Ford will build as many as they can sell. Yeah that's right, Ford will build as many as they can sell. What a profound revelation. Not to offend anyone and their double knot spies at the factory but it has obviously been that way from day one.

Hallelujah! Common sense is really a wonderfull thing.

ITLMOVE

Established Member
Ya Think? Really?

So we can flush all the crap about allocation cutbacks for unknown reasons, engine shortages, limited production, blah, blah,blah and just go with common sense as in Ford will build as many as they can sell. Yeah that's right, Ford will build as many as they can sell. What a profound revelation. Not to offend anyone and their double knot spies at the factory but it has obviously been that way from day one.

We'd like to flush it, but YOU insist on brining it up, over and over and over.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ya Think? Really?

Maybe this time around you'll pick one up? After reading through your posts, you have more friends in the car business than any of us and should be able to just drive one on a dealer plate. :shrug:

epic_facepalm.jpg

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Like any business. Things change as things progress. At the time information was given it was accurate and up to date. Which means the information was correct not inaccurate.

Ford made a decision based on demand. But it doesn't change what was originally stated.

Users who are viewing this thread