Here is an update on the number produced so far

drmustang

Banned
Maybe this time around you'll pick one up? After reading through your posts, you have more friends in the car business than any of us and should be able to just drive one on a dealer plate. :shrug:

epic_facepalm.jpg

You are obviously a sharp guy, give you credit for that.

That is precisely what I did with the '08 I had for about 3 mos as well as many other cars over the years. The Manheim, High Line auction is absolutely great. Having access to that is even better. My business interests and theirs have common threads that allow this with little or no actual cash changing hands.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You are obviously a sharp guy, give you credit for that.

That is precisely what I did with the '08 I had for about 3 mos as well as many other cars over the years. The Manheim, High Line auction is absolutely great. Having access to that is even better. My business interests and theirs have common threads that allow this with little or no actual cash changing hands.

I'm genuinely curious to how you have access to the dealer auctions; please fill us in.

drmustang

Banned
I'm genuinely curious to how you have access to the dealer auctions; please fill us in.

So you are in the car business and you are not conversant with the mechanics of vehicle auctions? It is really quite simple when compared with other business arenas. Who I am, who my various business associations are, and how values are transacted are obviously none of your business. I could really care less as to whether you believe me or not. I can tell you that I have the cash to cover any of these purchases which is what actually stands as a defacto plan "B". Enough said.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So you are in the car business and you are not conversant with the mechanics of vehicle auctions? It is really quite simple when compared with other business arenas. Who I am, who my various business associations are, and how values are transacted are obviously none of your business. I could really care less as to whether you believe me or not. I can tell you that I have the cash to cover any of these purchases which is what actually stands as a defacto plan "B". Enough said.

In order to even walk through the front door at the automobile auctions around here, you must have an access card. To obtain the access card you must provide a dealers license and a specific dealership must claim you as personnel.

I've never met anyone that is not either the owner or one of the used car managers at an auction. You must be pretty close with a dealer in order for him to let you in on his tab.

But your entire paragraph did not explain anything. They were just words explaining why you're not going to explain. But hey, good for you, I'm glad you have the cash. Maybe you should start a thread titled "Two More Excellent Reasons to Hate drmustang"....however, I would venture to guess it wouldn't be as exciting as Treynor's. Whatever floats your boat though.

drmustang

Banned
In order to even walk through the front door at the automobile auctions around here, you must have an access card. To obtain the access card you must provide a dealers license and a specific dealership must claim you as personnel.

I've never met anyone that is not either the owner or one of the used car managers at an auction. You must be pretty close with a dealer in order for him to let you in on his tab.

But your entire paragraph did not explain anything. They were just words explaining why you're not going to explain. But hey, good for you, I'm glad you have the cash. Maybe you should start a thread titled "Two More Excellent Reasons to Hate drmustang"....however, I would venture to guess it wouldn't be as exciting as Treynor's. Whatever floats your boat though.

I have never been to Manheim, never needed to go. I don't owe you explanations of any kind.

You seem to be uncomfortable with the fact that a non dealer has access to vehicles directly obtained at an auction. Get over it. Not a big deal.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have never been to Manheim, never needed to go. I don't owe you explanations of any kind.

You seem to be uncomfortable with the fact that a non dealer has access to vehicles directly obtained at an auction. Get over it. Not a big deal.

Uncomfortable? I don't know about you, but my chair is pretty comfy.

Anyways, you've never been to Manheim? You implied otherwise. Also, you don't owe me any explanations, I don't really care one way or the other. :shrug:

A lot of our customers have access to vehicles obtained at auctions...I don't know why you feel special for that? The list of cars up for auction comes out 7-10 days prior and we are able to share that with potential customers in order to see if they have interest in any of them.

Bottom line, if I had a customer, or "friend", that called dealers varmints and the scum of the Earth I would in no way go out of my way to help him/her out. But hey, maybe your dealer is the nicest, most naive guy on the planet.

Basically when I see your posts, I first: :nonono: then I :read: then I :dw: followed by :lol: and finally :bs:.

drmustang

Banned
Uncomfortable? I don't know about you, but my chair is pretty comfy.

Anyways, you've never been to Manheim? You implied otherwise. Also, you don't owe me any explanations, I don't really care one way or the other. :shrug:

A lot of our customers have access to vehicles obtained at auctions...I don't know why you feel special for that? The list of cars up for auction comes out 7-10 days prior and we are able to share that with potential customers in order to see if they have interest in any of them.

Bottom line, if I had a customer, or "friend", that called dealers varmints and the scum of the Earth I would in no way go out of my way to help him/her out. But hey, maybe your dealer is the nicest, most naive guy on the planet.

Basically when I see your posts, I first: :nonono: then I :read: then I :dw: followed by :lol: and finally :bs:.

The funny thing is that these guys are buddies but a bunch of drunks with ridiculous amounts of money who will freely admit in private that they are in a scum bag business. Whatever.

I did just notice that you are in Kansas City. I really would not be surprised if the retail car business was different there. I've had the distinct pleasure of spending time in KC. Absolutely great place and wonderfully nice people. Too bad the rest of this country can't be like you guys.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The funny thing is that these guys are buddies but a bunch of drunks with ridiculous amounts of money who will freely admit in private that they are in a scum bag business. Whatever.

I suppose it is what you make it. Not all dealers believe that way. I have never once referred to it as a scum bag industry. I understand there are greedy dealers out there, but that's no different than the guy on here trying to sell Alcoa's for $10,000.

I did just notice that you are in Kansas City. I really would not be surprised if the retail car business was different there. I've had the distinct pleasure of spending time in KC. Absolutely great place and wonderfully nice people. Too bad the rest of this country can't be like you guys.

I have noticed that midwestern people are a little more easy going and easier to get along with, however there are still dealers here I wouldn't deal with; there are even a few I refuse to dealer trade with because of previous experiences with them.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member

Since you brought up Manheim.......Seeing that every 2013 GT500 that HAS sold at any Manheim dealer auction in the past 30 days has sold for between $58-63K (including auction buy fees), I would say that it really doesn't matter if you have "access" to these vehicles or not. At these prices, all of the "drunks with ridiculous amounts of money" must be making windfall profits of at least $2,000-3,000 on a $60K+ used car. Or to put it in perspective, a WHOPPING 4% gross profit!

The problem with 90% of your comments is that you don't have the knowledge base to actually make a factual post. Then, when you do get called out for misinformation, you resort to defensiveness and name calling.

I've got news for you. NO used car brings this close to its original new MSRP at a wholesale auction unless its the hottest thing since sliced bread, and availability is scarce. Yet, you continue to push, push, push that these cars are a dime a dozen and everyone should be able to go buy one at invoice or else they must be getting screwed by some greedy dealer.

Do us all a favor- wait a few years and go buy a used 2013 GT500 for $40K somewhere and then get on here and tell us all how great of a deal you got and how we all got screwed. By then most of us will have moved on to something else and we won't care anyway. :rollseyes

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Kobe is simply disappointed. He hopes for something better but is continually let down.

That is as indirect as I can be.

drmustang

Banned
Since you brought up Manheim.......Seeing that every 2013 GT500 that HAS sold at any Manheim dealer auction in the past 30 days has sold for between $58-63K (including auction buy fees), I would say that it really doesn't matter if you have "access" to these vehicles or not. At these prices, all of the "drunks with ridiculous amounts of money" must be making windfall profits of at least $2,000-3,000 on a $60K+ used car. Or to put it in perspective, a WHOPPING 4% gross profit!

The problem with 90% of your comments is that you don't have the knowledge base to actually make a factual post. Then, when you do get called out for misinformation, you resort to defensiveness and name calling.

I've got news for you. NO used car brings this close to its original new MSRP at a wholesale auction unless its the hottest thing since sliced bread, and availability is scarce. Yet, you continue to push, push, push that these cars are a dime a dozen and everyone should be able to go buy one at invoice or else they must be getting screwed by some greedy dealer.

Do us all a favor- wait a few years and go buy a used 2013 GT500 for $40K somewhere and then get on here and tell us all how great of a deal you got and how we all got screwed. By then most of us will have moved on to something else and we won't care anyway. :rollseyes

You sound angry.

You seem to be strangely interested in what I have said and even more bizzare what I may say in the future. OK whatever, but since you are obviously interested and I presume uncomfortable judging from the aggresive tone of your post, I can tell you that the '08 from Manheim that I drove for a while went for around 35K. There is really no reason for you to get such a wedgy over this one, its OK.

GRUF78

Established Member
Local wholesaler just offered 61.5K for a White/Black stripe, Nav, Track Pak, Shaker, SVTPP, Recaro car that was bought from the original owner for 56K. 2800 miles. Owner wanted to flip it to buy a boat, owned it for 3 months. Scared him.

Sold retail to another buyer for 62.5K. Indicative of the demand here in North TX.

Probably a pretty good data point for a clean, well optioned used 2013 at this time of the year.

GRUFF

Users who are viewing this thread