here we go again... be careful driving starting tomorrow.

djom1cincy

Established Member
I had a focus rev his fart can at me tonight as he passed in the opposite direction. I just stuck my arm out the window and gave him a thumb down.

MUSTANGWOP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Established Member
So im sitting here in the theater waiting for the midnight showing of fast five and it just dawned on me.... starting tomorrow just like the last 3 movies, every dam person in a honda, nissan, mitsubishi, or toyota are going to think they own a race car. So expect every one of them you see either try and race or just zoom past you lol... And im not talking about evos, gtrs, those are respectable. Im talking about the people with g35s, 350zs, eclipses, celicas, etc. be safe ....

Reminds me of this...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om0IqXOvykY"]YouTube - Stupid ricers Mike Merryfield Standup[/nomedia]

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
thx for the heads-up... i will keep my z33 locked-up in the garage! i agree with the r35 being respectable but the evo!?! :dw: you serious?

Lol you've never ran across a modded Evo? Doesn't take much to get them to 400+ AWHP. I know this from experience when my C5Z was beaten by one. I have tons of respect for DSM's.

Stinger2011

Established Member
I remember going to see the very first one in theatres. Just about everyone raced out of town. Didn't matter if it was an old ass z71 or what. I didn't go to any of the other movies, but I bet cops were waiting after the first one came and went.

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Saw it last night. Was suprisingly good. Were a lot of tearouts though. I may have left some sideways second gear rubber just to shut them up.....

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
thx for the heads-up... i will keep my z33 locked-up in the garage! i agree with the r35 being respectable but the evo!?! :dw: you serious?

what.jpg

you serious?

Evo>350z. At everything, stock for stock, mod for mod or bang for buck.

Not to mention the fact you can get a 350z for mid to low teens, and cant get in an Evo8 that has a clean title for under $16k, let alone an evo9, should tell you something. Plus the fact a 350z cost more off the lot as well.

Saw it last night. Was suprisingly good. Were a lot of tearouts though. I may have left some sideways second gear rubber just to shut them up.....

yeah......you showed them........

Last edited:

tcstang17

Established Member
The movie theater in Davenport had a car show before the showing....the theme was "import muscle" haha kind of contradicting dont ya think

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
what.jpg

you serious?

Not to mention the fact you can get a 350z for mid to low teens, and cant get in an Evo8 that has a clean title for under $16k, let alone an evo9, should tell you something. Plus the fact a 350z cost more off the lot as well.

yeah......you showed them........

Agreed.

Next project car = 98 GSX with EVO 9 MR engine swap. :)

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
left the theater from seeing it, heading to my buddies and saw a nice 4-5 car accident caused by what im guessing was a street race fail mustang and a mazda crashed and went over the median an into opposing traffic

Kiohtee

Established Member
left the theater from seeing it, heading to my buddies and saw a nice 4-5 car accident caused by what im guessing was a street race fail mustang and a mazda crashed and went over the median an into opposing traffic

Just d3m01iti0n showing the new kids on the block who's boss.

wjk

Established Member
You were right...

[youtube_browser]BGo4oxcfH8U#at[/youtube_browser]

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
We had a death from a traffic accident in our town on the 28th related to Fast5. A 19 year old kid just left the movies, hit another vehicle, and wrapped his truck around a pole, his truck burst into flames.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Agreed.

Next project car = 98 GSX with EVO 9 MR engine swap. :)

Good luck, evo 4-9 engine is flipped from the evo 1-3 and DSM configuration. Timing belt is on drivers side with tranny on pass side for evos 1-3 abd dsm. Reverse that and you get evos 4-9 (no idea on EvoX and its 4b11 configuration)

Plus the GST/GSX already come with a 4g63 same as the evos but with better head. However not better enough to warrant all the difficulty of the swap. You would be better off with a built head and great cams. Just like trying to do an evo9 twin scroll 16g swap into a dsm, by the time all the work is done and the recipts are added, you couldve bought twice the turbo and still saved money and bolted it on direct.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Thanks for the input OP.
Went and saw it the other night, not impressed, probably bc I hate Dodge!

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

Here's an 870AWHP one my buddy's shop is working on (I took the pic):

img20110430212129.png

On a slightly related note, his same shop is doing a 2JZGTE swap into a Mustang. No worries though, it's a six'er.

It was a customer's car, but the owner who's from Texas (but going to school in AZ), hasn't responded to any of his communications in a couple of months. He's working on getting it titled to himself as an abandoned vehicle, and he's still proceeding with the swap, since most of the parts are already in place. I'm trying to convince him to keep the V6 body as stock as possible. Since it'll still sound like a six'er, he'll catch a lot of people sleeping with it. I'll take pics of that when he gets the motor in.

Users who are viewing this thread