Hertz Shelby GT-H

JEllis

Established Member
Its funny, there are only like 250 of these things nation wide and I have seen three since moving to SoCal. There are 800-1000 GT500's nation wide and I have yet to see one in person....bummer

Jason

Injector Dude

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
BS they'll go to auction like every other rental car.

This is not the case on these cars, they will be titled back to Hertz, then distriuted to specified Ford Dealers to be sold.

The car comes with a folder listsing rental stipulations, Insurance cost, what happens to the car when taken out of the fleet, cost, pre/post rental check list, ect.

My Wife is the Manager of a Hertz Location. We got to drive the car for a couple days. I was impressed with the car. This was my first 05 and up GT that I have drivin.

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
at least more people are enthusiastic about renting this one than owning the 500....

posted another one up from Florida on the site!

--Russ

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Awesome....but...

Well, I finally saw one in my company's parking lot yesterday (serial #0030). The car looked absolutely awesome, BUT:

The hood pins, phillips screws and plates (mounted to the hood) were already rusting! Especially the Pins & Screws, very rusty.
I mean, give me a break. What did they use, single plated chrome pieces? Then I walked around the side and it said "Ford quality" on the window sticker.
I personally don't blame Ford for this, I think Shelby picked a cheap part on one of the features that everyone will notice--right there on the hood. Too bad, the package looks really sweet, and then you see rust on the hood of a car that's 3-4 months old. I guess you could replace them with better aftermarket pieces, but then it's not original! :shrug:
I also did not like that the "scoop" had pop-rivets holding it in. Those should be hidden for a "finished" look. Otherwise, big thumbs up for the overall appearance of the car.

Renter

Established Member

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
Any chance you can download and post or e-mail me more pix of the exterior/interior (under hood too) of the car?

So I can post it on my site.... I'd like to know what build # and where you rented it from too.

thanks man!

--Russ

Renter said:

Renter

Established Member
Jersey Vics said:
Any chance you can download and post or e-mail me more pix of the exterior/interior (under hood too) of the car?

So I can post it on my site.... I'd like to know what build # and where you rented it from too.

thanks man!

--Russ

Once I get the pics downloaded, I can post them for you, we have pics of every step from taking the car from stock, putting nitrous in it, putting drag radials on it, stickering it, racing it, then putting it back to stock and returning it to hertz... as far as the # goes, I don't want to post it until the cars are acutioned off, but I will tell you there is a timeslip hidden in the car....

GT-H Winner

Banned
Here's the deal with the Shelby GT-H and owning one......

Once the cars reach 18-20K miles, they go into the Ford Dealer Auction Network. Ford/LM/Mazda/etc dealers then bid on the cars. Winning bidder brings the Shelby back to their dealerships where the raping and pillaging of the public shall begin.

There are 500 of these cars built. One was auctioned off for a charity by Baker-Jackson and the damned thing sold for $250,000. Nice of them to set such a standard for the rest of the general public. I'm quite sure the price gouging by the dealers will follow this lead until they realize it just won't work for long. Then again...who knows how many of the GT-H cars will live through their rental life. I know of at least two that have been wrecked severely and scrapped.

Chris Benvie said:
Watched a guy running 13.6 13.7 13.8 with it all day long this past weekend.
That was me. I also won Ultra Stang with the car. Shelby is tickled to death about the Epping and Bristol wins.

Somewhere else there was mention made about me profiting from the sale of these two cars. That is pure horsesh!t. I'm not exactly sure where Stinchcomb came up with that from the post made by Powerhouse but there was nothing anywhere to suggest such a thing. Hertz even found out about the Bristol car and placed me on the "DNR" list.

Bottom line: they are fun cars to run around in for the weekend. If you get the chance to do so.....go for it.

One more thing: Moderators.....I'll try not post too much here for obvious reasons. Just wanted to check in and clear the issues up that surround these cars.
Thanks.

SD Wheeler
FFW U/S #1
2006 Ultra Stang World Champion

Last edited:

pwrhws

www.PowerHouse411.com
Established Member
Mr. Wheeler,
Congrats on the wins.
We haven't done too many FFW events this year so I haven't had the opurtunity to speak to you about this.

Were the cars documented like I was told?

We are done for the season, are you going to run U/S again next year?

GT-H Winner

Banned
pwrhws said:
Mr. Wheeler,
Congrats on the wins.
We haven't done too many FFW events this year so I haven't had the opurtunity to speak to you about this.

Were the cars documented like I was told?

We are done for the season, are you going to run U/S again next year?
Both cars have been properly documented by the SAAC and Shelby Autos. They both have all the information from both events including the serial numbers of both cars. 06H369 from Bristol and 06H070 from Epping. Greg Kolasa is doing the GT-H Registry so it should be good reading once they're all done.

I will be back in Ultra Stang next season. I'm going to wait a while to see where a few leads pan out and make a decision on a car around early January. I'd really like to defend the title with another Shelby though!!!! Whatever car I end up with......championships are to be defended. You guys need to show up more often though.....JDM had too many #1 qualifying spots this year. :poke:

99SVTcobraVERT

i was just in vegas on a little fun trip and was in a taxi being a tourist and had already passed the car and didnt know it was the shelby until i saw the unique looking front end

redline

Established Member
i will be driving one monday . going to vegas for 3 days also going to the shelby plant for tour too

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
I'm renting one this weekend in Miami. Great rental. Where is this registry of GT-h's?

http://www.svtregistry.com/shelby/GT-H/

I gotta make it easier to find things on my site!

redline said:
i will be driving one monday . going to vegas for 3 days also going to the shelby plant for tour too

please remember to take pictures (yes I know they all look the same, but they all look cool in different settings) I can't wait to go to the Shelby museum myself, might even cash in my Jet Blue True Blue points to do it sometime soon.

--Russ

Users who are viewing this thread