Hertz Shelby GT-H

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
JEllis said:
Its funny, there are only like 250 of these things nation wide and I have seen three since moving to SoCal. There are 800-1000 GT500's nation wide and I have yet to see one in person....bummer

Jason

Yeah, my sentiments excatly. I'm dieing to see a GT500, but I've seen three of these Shelby's last week all in coronado (different cars)....

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Well, while down in FL, I saw two different GT-h's on the road and 7 at Hertz in the garage. Only saw one Gt500 down there. I guess the people with the 500's aren't driving them because they actually bought them.. I drove the Hertz car to places I would never drive my cobra..

2stangBK

Established Member
I rented one in Albuquerque about a month ago. Lots of fun to drive for sure, I actually cruised up and down route 66 most of the night because I didn't want to go to sleep. I was impressed with the shifting of the 5spd auto, it seemed to make a nice pull through the first 3 gears fairly quick. The FRPP cold air kit is nice and throaty as well and the mufflers sing a nice note too. My price there was 139.00 per day with .39 a mile after the initial 100 free miles. They did verify that I was not a local resident and that I did fly in as well as flying home the next day. Tricky for me since I flew in commercial and was crewing a HC 130 back home the next day, but the guys at the desk were cool about it anyway. They did check the car out thoroughly before I left and also when I returned. I looked for some stoplight action but only incurred a couple of lowered imports with no chance against anything with a V-8, but it was still fun playing! RENT ONE if you get the chance!

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member

redline

Established Member
i just got back from vegas . drove the gt-h . went to the dam also took the tour of the shelby plant. had a blast.

received my shelby gt500 this past tuesday.It has 14.4 miles on it. It's a coupe,white/blue-lemans stripes. I'm now waitting on saleen mustang out of Irvine,California,to send a transport truck to pick it up,thats why I'm not driving it. Saleen will be doing an experimental project with it. They have not told me exactly what there enginers will do to it. Saleen said they will decide on this project once they have the shelby gt500,at there fisiality,and ounce there enginers have it they will study it and then do testing and tuning to steve saleen expecitations. I'll keep you posted.

Renter

Established Member
Jersey Vics said:
Read this guy's story: http://www.svtregistry.com/shelby/GT-H/2006/392/index.html

One local place wouldn't rent it to him since he was a local resident, another one did though... here's a direct link: http://www.firebirdtransamparts.com/mustangclubhist/clubhist/2006mca/06maggie/06maggiehertz.htm

why would some Hertz places give people a hard time for renting the cars? what difference does it make if you're actually paying them the asking rental price?

--Russ

I had to bring a utility bill with me when I rented one. They also ran a check on my driving record. The guy behind the counter told me that they have turned people down because of too may tickets.

BTW if you check out the new issue of modified mustangs, there is a full page pic of me racing a gt-h.

RichS

Established Member
I booked one for Dec 2nd to the 9th in Orlando when we go to WDW/Universal. Looking foward to driving it. :thumbsup:

jcthorne

Established Member
I rented one in San Francisco back in late Sept. Was fun for a rental car but our 5spd GT is much more impressive. I had no idea the automatic on the GT was so bad. One had to make an appointment to pass a semi.

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
I'm facing a dilemma now... do I keep the Shelby GT-H registry as a rental vehicle registry or an ex-rental vehicle owner registry....

--Russ

Users who are viewing this thread