Hertz Shelby GT-H

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
Does anybody think that these Shelby's hold more heritage?

These pictures look great, and the new Shelby GT will be an awesome car even if it does only have 325hp. I was wondering what you think about the comparason between the GT500 and the GT. It seems to me that the GT500 is a Mustang that is fully produced by Ford/SVT and sent directly to the dealers, but the Hertz/GT are sent out to the Shelby factory and are finished there, just like they used to be. I almost think that if you are buying a Shelby just because it is a Shelby then the GT would have more heritage.

Jpjr

Established Member
As someone who has probably rented over 200 cars in the last 2 years... I think this is a GREAT idea. One of the best or worst part of my week is finding out what car I'm going to get when I get off the plane at the airport for business. I know these will be impossible to get, but it's a step in the right direction, along with Hertz now allowing you to reserve a Mustang.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My brother and I got to look one over at the Tampa air port yesterday. They opened the hood for us, and let us give it a good looking over. If the Shelby GT looks anything like this and makes at least this much power I may have to pick one up. It looks 100 times more aggressive than the GT500 IMO.

-Jeff

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
thank you for the info eci!

I will send you a PM... but I was thinking of adding this thing to the registry listing all the Shelby GT-H's and the Hertz locations that rent them, you know for the enthusiasts looking for those cars to rent.

might be a good idea now that SVT is kaput

--Russ

9900blueoval

Established Member
i have a pretty good hook at hertz here in jersey and he said that they are going to be white elephants and only high up insiders(Hertz/Ford high up's) will get these!!!Alot are spoken for already,and if u get one u won the lottery

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I have a friend that rented one in California for $150 (or somewhere in that area) and said it was a blast to drive. I think he put 200 miles on it going up the coast and running the piss out of it the entire time. :-D

Also, I don't know whether I stopped taking my meds or what but I saw a GT-H sitting in a local dealer's showroom floor. I'm not sure what it was doing there (meaning if it was there for show or to be sold) and it was after hours so I was unable to get a clear look at it, but it was definitely a GT-H.:shrug:

snakecharmer

Established Member
Drove one week before last and really liked it. I have one reserved for my trip to Vegas in November and looking forward to having some fun with it.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
9900blueoval said:
i have a pretty good hook at hertz here in jersey and he said that they are going to be white elephants and only high up insiders(Hertz/Ford high up's) will get these!!!Alot are spoken for already,and if u get one u won the lottery

BS they'll go to auction like every other rental car.

Users who are viewing this thread