Hey, we are going to make it through this

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
just like 08 ....everyone got ****ed. Fast forward 12 years, people made a LOT of money. just like clock work, the 12 year cycle strikes again. You are right, it WILL get worse, but we are close to the bottom. When she bottoms out ....that is our opportunity to buy stocks and make LOTTTTTTSSSS of money over the years.

I agree , but we are not even close to bottoming out.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
No worries here at all. I've been meaning to buy a house for several years. Long story short, my rental gave me a 30 day notice out of the blue in 2015/16 and that's when I should have bought, but 30 days is 30 days. I quickly found another cheap rental, and then my hours picked up, my income went up, and next thing you know I've been here like 4 years, but saved about 50% of my income the last 4 years. All that money isn't in the stock market either.

I want this ordeal to hopefully pass quickly with the least amount of hurt to society as possible, but if shit hit the fan and we're ordered in our houses for a month... I'm fine. I don't want to lose the income, but it won't phase me.

Base case for a bad situation, the housing market drops some. I was getting serious in my hunt the last month or so and seeing places that were like 40K over their late 2018 purchase price. If prices drop 10%, that would be perfect.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Hope you’re right about housing prices. I’ve got one going on market soon. My silver lining (from the Kung Flu) is that I can work from the house I’m selling, while fixing it up.

Just one single person's comment from elsewhere, but they said they knew someone who was over leveraged with airbnb homes in central FL and they could not handle a major bad event like this and that they would have to sell some off asap.

I would like to think others might be similar, in the sense they just lost a shitload in the stock market, and decide it's best to ditch that summer rental house they had and toss that money back in the market once we hit bottom.

...either way, I need a 3 car garage. :)

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Yet.

This keeps going, people are gonna start looting, or looking to break into houses. I know we're all billy badasses in here, though, so no need to fear.

Not sure what Billy Badass has to do with anything, but......
index.jpg

Machdup1

Established Member
Wouldn't be singing that tune if your house was riding on it I bet.
As an adult, I planned for scenarios like this and planned for this foreseeable disruption, thus my life is interrupted.

If you didn’t that is on you.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Whats up, my peeps. Shit is ugly right now. And it is going to get worse. You may lose your job. Your savings have probably been incinerated. Stress and anxiety are going to be the norm for a while. And I am not going to lie to you, things will get worse before they get better.

But: All things will come to pass. I can speak for myself that meditation, a fistful of gummies and bullshitting with my SVT homies (even the straight up homos) make it a lot better. Keep up the good work and stay healthy.

Smooches,
Klaus

Klaus you are correct.

We will get through this thing (whatever IT is), and there will be plenty of time for conspiracy's, theories and facts in the months and years after.

"It" is here, like it or not. So make the best of it.

My daughter and grandson came in from Ohio weeks ago and are staying at the house with us now for an extended time. I am really enjoying my discussions with a 10 year old about girls, jokes and Fortnite.

E

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@Klaus Wanna go fishin' with me and my crew?

Seriously, last week I purchased this new DVD set off of ebay. IMHO, it's THE BEST WWII video series available. This 5 DVD set was made in the early '70's with actual footage and most importantly, has interiews with the civilians, politicians, and soldiers who experienced it.
It's narrated by Sir Laurence Olivier. There are 26 episodes, each 52 minutes long.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 8.02.21 AM.png

Forty years on, ‘The World at War’ has lost none of its power

To the best of my limited knowledge, it is not available anywhere except on DVD. No netflix, hulu, amazon, etc. It used to be on Youtube, but they took all but the first 2 off. Here's the link to episode 1:

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@Klaus Wanna go fishin' with me and my crew?

Seriously, last week I purchased this new DVD set off of ebay. IMHO, it's THE BEST WWII video series available. This 5 DVD set was made in the early '70's with actual footage and most importantly, has interiews with the civilians, politicians, and soldiers who experienced it.
It's narrated by Sir Laurence Olivier. There are 26 episodes, each 52 minutes long.

View attachment 1629200

Forty years on, ‘The World at War’ has lost none of its power

To the best of my limited knowledge, it is not available anywhere except on DVD. No netflix, hulu, amazon, etc. It used to be on Youtube, but they took all but the first 2 off. Here's the link to episode 1:

I'd love to see a Hitler Reacts video about all this shit. Gawd damn those are gold haha

blk02edge

Established Member
As an adult, I planned for scenarios like this and planned for this foreseeable disruption, thus my life is interrupted.

If you didn’t that is on you.
Personally I am fine, but the world isn't so kind to everyone regardless of how smart you think you are. Im just not such an arrogant ass to say this is a minor speed bump when, it is not.

blk02edge

Established Member
Visited Walmart this morning, there was toilet paper on the shelves, & nobody was fighting over it..
My plan is to find the TP hoarders and shit on their front steps. Im in day 2 of a self contained quarantine and by day 5 im going to go mental.

BTW im showing minor symptoms, maybe the first on SVTP! winning!

Users who are viewing this thread