HFS! Beyond Pissed...Broken Hood Stud

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
there was a guy on the forums that actually had the same thing happen but it repaired the hood stud with a new one. ill try and find the thread. its a great write-up though for sure.

EDITED:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/894739-underhood-refinish.html

that is one link... I thought he went into detail. but everyone is saying take it to a body shop and let them cut the fiberglass and install new stud. then refiber glass it.

good luck OP

Last edited:

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
Yeah there were some people who were able to drill out their broken studs and then use a tap on the backing plate to make threads for a new stud. Since my original stud rounded itself out from the hole in the backing plate where it was pressed in, I was unable to tap the plate and insert a stud like I had originally planned. The epoxied bolt is working and holding so far. I haven't been able to drive the car yet since I'm still slowly rebuilding the rear-end, but I think it will hold.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
Hood has held up great, no issues at all and no cracks or looseness. It could use a fresh paint job since the Duplicolor paint I had didn't match my car's shade of DSG very well, though.

THunterW

SGTSVT & SVTSGT
Established Member
I'll probably end up getting a replacement hood in the future; either the Cervinis replica or an OEM if I'm lucky enough to find one that isn't damaged. But for now mine is holding up just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread