HID retrofit vendors?

jshen

Established Member
Do lots of research, i have seen alot of kits that came out like shit.

What about just swapping to LED bulbs with more light?
Illegal - I inquired about that on my past car. Anything that isn't specifically made for your car will not pass muster with the govt.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Illegal - I inquired about that on my past car. Anything that isn't specifically made for your car will not pass muster with the govt.

depends on where you are if anyone gives a shit, FL does not. I ran HIDs in the stock mustang housings for a few years including driving back and forth FL to NC, nobody ever said a word.

jshen

Established Member
One of the reasons I traded in my Lexus was the lighting was so bad. Went to Orlando for a Genesis G70- great lighting. But Fla certainly gives a shit about those damn toll roads...accidently ran though one and got a ticket mailed two weeks later..and if your not ready to drive 80+- stay off I 95.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
One of the reasons I traded in my Lexus was the lighting was so bad. Went to Orlando for a Genesis G70- great lighting. But Fla certainly gives a shit about those damn toll roads...accidently ran though one and got a ticket mailed two weeks later..and if your not ready to drive 80+- stay off I 95.

Ya, they're gonna get every penny and the speed limit is the minimum to drive at best. I drove a looooong way through the toll by plate express lane on I77 in Charlotte back in Deceber and was very surprised not to see a bill.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
FWIW, we did an HID swap on my buddy's old XJ and the amp draw was so severe it melted and caught the light switch on fire inside the car.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
FWIW, we did an HID swap on my buddy's old XJ and the amp draw was so severe it melted and caught the light switch on fire inside the car.

damn, I gotta say thats the first I heard of that, kinda sounds like the ballast got stuck in start up mode or something. They have a high draw right when turned on to ignite the bulbs but after that it drops pretty damned low

Users who are viewing this thread