highest priced gt

Vic

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Thats almost exactly what I tell my young clients with inheritances.

"You can have a little now, or a lot later."

Good advice! Not always the most enjoyable to listen to, but the most fruitful.

RossSVT

Established Member
They can ask whatever they like. But the Prices have been set today at Barrett Jackson with a Blue GT going for $280

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
BJ don't mean anything these days. All hype...I personally think R & M is seeing better quality than BJ these days.

BJ way undersold the 70 hemi cuda yesterday (especially compared to todays Hemi that was sold). Last year they sold a 70 Boss 429 for ~115K, and 2 months later Kruse sold a more common 69 Boss 429 for over a quarter million.

Anyone paying 302,400 for a GT is a idiot (which is what the car was sold for at Barret Jackson according to their auction results), especially for one without the 8,000 dollar stripe option :rollseyes . They could have easily found a relist on Ebay for 220 and flown out to the dealer and paid cash if you need that "gotta be there" feeling. lmfao

Other notable retardedness from BJ (nevermind the character of people I saw down there today):

70 boss 302 (over 5000 made) went for 91,000+. Someone made 1/4 their retirement on that sale. That has to be the biggest gouge of the auction right there (thus far anyways :) ).

69 Boss 429 went for 140,000. Too low with <400 located, 859 made. Compare that to a commonplace 66 GT350 that went for 123,000 :nonono:

70 Hemi Cuda went for 329,000 today, guess that makes up for yesterday when the same exact car save color went for 250,000. :shrug:

225,000 for a 68 KR convertible...although only 300 made way overpriced IMO.

67 GT 500 for 191,000. Pray the people buying 67 GT 500's don't get a hold of the shelby registery and see how many were made. :rolling:

71,000 for a 71 mustang fastback...with a chevy engine. Body kit looks like a cross between a 68 camaro and the Eleanore car. -dumb-

list goes on and on. And we still have the best day of results waiting for us tomorrow.

RossSVT

Established Member
They can ask whatever they want. It all comes down to how much someone has to spend. People who want something really bad will pay just about anything.

SVT4ME

Established Member
I hear the owner of Team Ford in Vegas is keeping his. Using it solely for display purposes and probably get a great tax write off.

drmustang

Banned
vipergts281 said:
Some people just have alot of money.

Alot of wealthy people are in real estate. Some got lucky in the stock market. Some of it was left from a dead family member. Some people are CEO's of companies. The list could go on and on. There are some people that can laugh at a $150,000 car. To some, that is pocket change. Sounds hard to believe, but it's true.
Some worked 2 jobs while getting a degree, payed the student loans for 10-15 years, worked their asses off and made daily sacrifices along the way. It is simply amazing how lucky a hard working, dedicated person can be. "Luck" is seldom a factor in the process.

vipergts281

Established Member
drmustang said:
Some worked 2 jobs while getting a degree, payed the student loans for 10-15 years, worked their asses off and made daily sacrifices along the way. It is simply amazing how lucky a hard working, dedicated person can be. "Luck" is seldom a factor in the process.
Ok.

So I assume your post was referring to yourself? I see you are a Doctor. Obviously you worked very hard to become a Doctor. I don't see anywhere in my post stating something along the lines of "Some people got lucky and became doctors".

I only said some got lucky in the stock market. Because let's face it, some have.

LordJish

Established Member
I find this thread interesting. I find mostly, again mostly, the more wealthy people are almost directly equates to how unhappy they are. I'm a manager of a call center/answering service and I speak to people daily from all walks of life. Doctors, Lawyers, etc are generally miserable people to talk to. Doctors are edgy and almost always impatient. They have no tolerance for errors, besides their own. They make loads of money and have proably own an ice home, high end cars, etc but what do they get for it? Being on call all the time, being sued for malpractice (or the hospitals), etc. Lawyers, well what's to say about lawyers? You have your ambulance chasers & the sucessful ones, its about a 90/10 split. Oddly enough, criminal trial attorneys are generally the most pleasant to talk to I find.

As my income has modestly risen over the years I find my self being no more happy than I was making 20k a year at age 21. However, what ever possesions I attain I highly value and work for so they mean more to me then someone who can shell out 100k like they're going the Mc'Ds and getting a order of fries. Basically, I'm saying don't envy people with money or nice possesions...they proably aren't any happier than you are.

JM
01 Cobra

GregMatty

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I can see my post came off a little bit derogatory but I didn't mean it that way.

My brother made 8 figures during the .com era but I missed the window being a few years younger. He is probably in the 1% of .com'ers who did really well. A buddy of his was worth $150 million at one point and now is in debt to the IRS for the rest of his life. Total reversal of fortune.

Apart from that type of story, I don't know how anyone can earn enough money to buy a $150,000 car, assuming one didn't save every penny for 20 years while living with mom and dad, by the time they are in their early 30's. The folks I see who work hard and save every penny typically don't have a lot of wealth until much later in life. That is probably the smart route but what a boring existence up until the retirement years. I need to have some fun along the way. The only other "young" wealthy people I know had a lot of help from mom and dad; they didn't get there on their own. Of course that doesn't matter since you either got it or you aint got it.

I am a CPA at a private company and must not get paid what I am worth if so many professionals are buying way cooler cars than me. Guess I need to demand a raise. :)

With regard to the SVT'er below, it says you were born in 1994. Damn. You can buy a GT and you don't even have a license to drive yet.

I think I'll start pimpin for some side money.

Greg

50 BMG said:
To answer your question GregMatty:

I'm very young, especially to consider a GT for purchase. View profile for "job".

I have almost MSRP sitting at Wells Fargo right now waiting for the opportunity to buy.

Until last week...

But I am not buying a GT now. I changed my mind and decided to buy a bigger house instead. Home values are doubling in 2.5-3 years right now in Phoenix. So my wife talked me into buying a new 6000 sq ft house last week and I decided to go with it.

Besides, my old man is gonna probably wind up with 2 GT's anyways; a ultra low mileage garage queen and one to drive, so I can always drive/ride along in that.

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
Freedom Ford in Clearwater in Florida is about 20min up U.S. 19 from where i live. i've bought 3 cars from them. they have now, in their showroom, 3 Ford GT's. 2 red w/white stripes(one with grey calipers and one with red ones). the 3rd is white w/blue stripes and it has red calipers. all 3 are 156,xxx MSRP with a 118,000 "just because we have one" charge. 275,000 apiece! i'm a member of the Tampa Bay SVTOA and we meet in the fleet building at Freedom Ford the first friday of every month. one of the members is pretty well off (i think he has about 29-30 cars) he wants to buy one but he won't pay the high mark up either. i can't say i blame him. even if i had a crap load of money, why would i pay almost double or more for a car if i didn't really have to.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
GregMatty said:
With regard to the SVT'er below, it says you were born in 1994. Damn. You can buy a GT and you don't even have a license to drive yet.

Greg

May 1, 1994 is the day Senna died.

Don't worry, I'm older.

Users who are viewing this thread