highest priced gt

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Framingham Ford, red with white stripes. 250,000 they were offered 225,000 and turned it down. I thought this was extream but seeing some of the other prices you guys listed it doesn't seem too bad.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
We sold our silver with white for $289k.

We were offered that and took it.

If i could make $130k on a car, i would do it all day long. If someone wants to pay for it than let them.

Didn't Leno pay a cool million to have the first one released to the public

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Leno got the 2nd one.

The first one released to public went to a microsoft exec who paid over 500K for it.

Mech. Junkie

Established Member
...the sales person I purchased my Cobra from said they are asking $235K. Nice piece of machinery! Olathe, Kansas

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
the owner of one of our local ford dealers where i live called me right b4 x-mas and said that they could get a red w/ white stripes transferred to there dealership from out of state. they said the car could be mine for $260k. i said:

"call me back when you are willing to sell the car to me for the msrp sticker price of $150k and i will buy it. otherwise i will just wait a couple of years and buy one used for $150k. either way i am not gonna pay more than sticker for the car. besides the shelby GR-1 that is supposed to replace this car in 2007 looks better to me anyway and should cost less as it will be produced in higher volumes."

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
the one here in El Paso at Casa Ford was an award to the president of the dealership for getting x amount of years of presidents awards (story told to me by a friend who works there and got to drive it :0 ). It has no sticker on it and he is really not looking to sell it since it technically belongs to him.

They will be getting another one (white) that they will be selling more along the lines of $300k

Akuma

Established Member
There is a black w/ stripes Ford GT in Tucson now.

Pioneer Ford sold it about 3 weeks ago to someone down there for 250K. ...I think I know who bought it since your smart about the price Freddy.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
the black gt you speak of is owned by a man named frank who lives about 3 miles down the road from me. he also owns 2 ferraris, a lamborghini, a lotus, 3 porsche turbos, new C6 vette and a viper acr. oh yeah he also owns a used indy car and rents out road course race tracks for personal use of his indy car. i have met him and talked to him and this is how i know all of this to be true. i see him driving a different car every week and i have seen him drive all of thses cars on the street regularly except for the new ford gt he bought. it will be only a matter of time b4 i see him driving the gt as we pass each other on the street all the time. i saw him driving his yellow 360 modena ferrari just today.

i also know that there is a blue with white stripes gt in tucson as well owned by a much older guy. there are 3 ford dealers in tucson and the owner of one of them has or is going to get a new GT as well. he owns a original gt-40 that i have raced wheel to wheel with on a road course race track back in the 1990's with my old road race car. my brother was in the passenger seat and they hit 150 mph down the main straight when they blew by me like i was chained to a tree stump. he paid $ 1 million for this orginal gt-40. oh yea, he owns a original 1960's 427 cobra that i have raced against numerous times too. believe it or not my old road race car could keep up with the cobra in the straights but it would pull away from me in the turns.

some fast company lives in my neck of the desert. its all i can do to just try and keep up with the jones around here. if and when i ever get a used ford GT, i will be turning the boost up and goin for a top speed of 220 mph. i would like to use the car for the new 1 mile top speed shootout races that are done on old abandoned airport runways now. a viper has hit 200 mph from a dead stop in 1 mile. i would like to go after that record :beer:

Last edited:

95 cobra vert

Established Member
In Roseville CA they have one on display at a local dealership that has already been sold. I have talk to a few different people there and they all say different prices, but the price that came up the most and was also the lowest was 480K.....and when your standing there drooling over the car, it almost seems worth that price......it was sold to a man in spain, they are paying him to keep it there for a couple months on display. I guess they have also sold two or three more in the last month or so.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Prices are falling on completed EBAY auctions like the Y2K stock market:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4518220243&category=6057

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4519120604&category=6057

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4519082849&category=6057

Might be fake but bid history looks legit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4519803007&category=6057

One of the yuppy auctions I found in the completed bid history had the following line:
"Only 4500 Ford GT's will be produced over the next 10 years." lmao :rollseyes

Bids are -rarely- hitting 220K anymore...My crystal ball says: MSRP by July 4th! (lol)

Last edited:

Vic

Established Member
Thanks, James. You answered my question before I asked!

Hope I can manuever myself into one near sticker.

GregMatty

Established Member
You folks who are fortunate enough to actually aford one of the beasts, what do you do for a living and how old are you?

Apart from showbiz and sports, I don't know how anyone can make this kind of money just working for it. Maybe it is old money helping a person out?

Just curious.

Greg

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
To answer your question GregMatty:

I'm very young, especially to consider a GT for purchase. View profile for "job".

I have almost MSRP sitting at Wells Fargo right now waiting for the opportunity to buy.

Until last week...

But I am not buying a GT now. I changed my mind and decided to buy a bigger house instead. Home values are doubling in 2.5-3 years right now in Phoenix. So my wife talked me into buying a new 6000 sq ft house last week and I decided to go with it.

I hate being in any debt, so I'm using the money as equity to avoid a mortgage. The house won't be done for over a year, so I shouldn't have too much of a problem recouping the $ to buy a GT. If for some reason thats not the case, I still have the new Cobra. And the more I think about it, the more I realize its fine for me.

I'm seriously considering putting Twin 70's from induction concepts on it for the mean time. :thumbsup:

Besides, my old man is gonna probably wind up with 2 GT's anyways; a ultra low mileage garage queen and one to drive, so I can always drive/ride along in that.

Last edited:

Vic

Established Member
I bought my house when I was 25, got a Vette later, then a pool, and many new cars along the way. At 36, I risked my steady paycheck to start a business. 8 years later, it was an overnight success! Got a Viper after starting my own business. The GT will take some more work. Sure, we could take the money out of the biz, buy one with cash, and let things suffer, but thats not logical. You only want to spend discretionary income on luxuries. Not seed money you need for future growth!

Incidently, buying a car is probably one of the worst investments you can make. Cars depreciate, with VERY FEW exceptions, where real estate almost always appreciates.

Learn the principle of "delayed gratification", where you work hard now, for a greater reward later. Those who can't do this are relegated to living from paycheck to paycheck, and can only dream of the finer things in life. If you can sacrifice, invest in your education, start a business, nurse it until it grows, you will end up on top.

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
GregMatty said:
You folks who are fortunate enough to actually aford one of the beasts, what do you do for a living and how old are you?

Apart from showbiz and sports, I don't know how anyone can make this kind of money just working for it. Maybe it is old money helping a person out?

Just curious.

Greg
Some people just have alot of money.

Alot of wealthy people are in real estate. Some got lucky in the stock market. Some of it was left from a dead family member. Some people are CEO's of companies. The list could go on and on. There are some people that can laugh at a $150,000 car. To some, that is pocket change. Sounds hard to believe, but it's true.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Vic said:
Learn the principle of "delayed gratification", where you work hard now, for a greater reward later. Those who can't do this are relagated to living from paycheck to paycheck, and can only dream of the finer things in life. If you can sacrifice, invest in your education, start a business, nurse it until it grows, you will end up on top.

Thats almost exactly what I tell my young clients with inheritances.

"You can have a little now, or a lot later."

Vic

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
What type of business?

Elevator installation and maintanance, commercial. Its kind of obscure, but its just one of the building trades, like electricians, iron workers, plumbers, etc. Only problem with this business is, you have to fight hard for every dollar you earn. If I was starting over in life, I would choose an easier business to run. Cash flow in construction is hard to manage, like a roller coaster. Try and develop a sound business model on that basis! Or prepare a 1 year forecast when you have so many factors outside of your control, like the weather, lazy employees, delays due to other trades, etc. Put it all together, and its tough going at times.

Users who are viewing this thread