highest priced gt

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Just curious to see how much your local ford dealer has marked up the gt. here in el paso Casa ford trying to sell it for a cool 500 grand:eek: here in el paso :lol1: . Well thats good it means i get to go look at it more and take pics of it with a good camera, speaking of which how do you attach images here?

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by ssj4sadie
Just curious to see how much your local ford dealer has marked up the gt. here in el paso Casa ford trying to sell it for a cool 500 grand:eek: here in el paso :lol1: . Well thats good it means i get to go look at it more and take pics of it with a good camera, speaking of which how do you attach images here?
300K here in daytona bch fla:bored:

bobby1

Established Member
A 150,000 car is worth njust that. F dealers should not be allowed any increase on any car PERIOD!!!!!! :bash:

fststhou realtr

Established Member
bobby1 said:
A 150,000 car is worth njust that. F dealers should not be allowed any increase on any car PERIOD!!!!!! :bash:

That is so true...Dealers should have to sell all cars only at the sticker price ... :rollseyes

Vic

Established Member
Capistrano Ford, in San Jaun Capistrano, California, just sold a red one with BBS rims, red calipers, and full stripes, for over $300,000. It was sold to a woman, who the sales staff said was very down to earth and personable.

I'm also very down to earth and personable, so I figure that puts me in good stead to get one soon. :p

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
fststhou realtr said:
That is so true...Dealers should have to sell all cars only at the sticker price ... :rollseyes

That's right, ticket scalping for more than face value is illegal and this is no different. :fm:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Ebay is rarely seeing GT's go over 210,000 now. There are a few outliers (~220K), but nothing near 250,000 or 300,000 (lmao). Take a look:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/Fo...Z2QQsosortpropertyZ3QQsotrtypeZ1QQsotrvalueZ1

Waaay too many examples available to be trying to command that type of premium over MSRP. This ain't an Enzo for any of you dealers who care to listen. I think that link really shows what people are perceiving the GT's value to be.

Barrett Jackson will be interesting however. We'll see if it sets the "precedent" they think they're known for...if someone wants to pay an outrageous rip to the auction house to sell a new car.

Lou Grubb Ford called my father a few days ago trying to sell thiers (white/blue stripes) for 220K. They still have it today from what I know. He -definetly- was not the first person they called with that price either...

We won't see one unless its at or under 150K. If it takes 2 years to get one, fine by me. Either way, the patient buyers will win cause the 07 models will almost definetly have more power. If they dont get more power, someone can lose their ass when they sell their 05 GT for 125,000 or less a year or 2 from now.

Last edited:

Vic

Established Member
James, I hope its true that Ford continues to make the GT into 2007. But I had also heard that there are new crash standards coming in 2007 that the GT can't comply with, and the model would be canceled. What have you heard?

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Vic said:
James, I hope its true that Ford continues to make the GT into 2007. But I had also heard that there are new crash standards coming in 2007 that the GT can't comply with, and the model would be canceled. What have you heard?

Same thing you have.

I'm hoping their is a 07 model that debuts 4th quarter of 2006. If Ford builds them in 06 mabey they can get away with production of a 07 model.

fststhou realtr

Established Member
MassCobra said:
That's right, ticket scalping for more than face value is illegal and this is no different. :fm:

This is the second most stupidest thing I have ever read on the internet. Congratulations. Know what that says about you? :loser:

04DarkShadowGT

Established Member
I dont see why people have a problem with dealers selling cars for over sticker.

Last time I checked its a free economy, supply and demand still hold true.

I dont know about you guys but I would sell my car for three times what its worth and not thingk twice about it.

Dealers are there to make money, why should they be any different.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
The first one we got went for $250,000.

I don't agree with a set markup but it is true, No one has to buy the car if they are not willing to pay asking price.

It happens every time a neat new car comes out Mini's, new Beetles and new Mustangs are all examples of demand pricing.

Of course they will charge as much as they can if people are standing in line to pay the price.

If no one buys them at that price or when the cars ar no longer hard to get the price drops. That won't happen with a limited production car like the GT though.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I don't see the problem with GT's being marked up. 200k is more like what it's worth on the open market anyhow.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
400k here in Houston TX.

Edit: Lemme rephrase...the guy offered the dealer 400k and the dealer refused to see.

drmustang

Banned
300 or 400 thousand dollars for a 150k ticketed item. Explains why they get dirty sitting in stock too long. A friend of mine works in a local ford dealership and sold their GT recently for msrp. They marketed the car for over 4 months. People who can afford toys in that price range are not stupid. No one with any intelligence or business sense would go for 300k or 400k because some monkey in a dealership says its worth it. The car dealer mentality needs to understand that the majority of individuals in that tax bracket have no interest in flashy hotrod sportcars.

Users who are viewing this thread