Hint of burnt oil smell at random times...

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
anyone experience this? Started smelling a hint of burnt oil at random times about a week ago. Thought nothing of it as it was minimal and being that i have a new car my mind instantly figures its some pos driving near me, lol. Did it again right before i took it in for service so i brought it up. I noticed it again today, with the windows up. So its comming through the vents. Anything I should personally look into? The dealership told me they'd have to keep the car until it does it before they do anything. Understandable but they offered no rental help. That could be a while since theres nothing im specifically doing that triggers it and it happens once every blue moon :/. My work schedule isnt exactly time friendly either. This isnt after any harsh driving. Just simple cruising down the street.

Unfortunately I didnt check the oil before i took it in for service. Checked it today (4 days after they serviced it) and the level/color is fine. Any ideas?

Only mods are muffler delete. Nothing else. Runs perfectly fine as well. I also checked for any spilled oil that may be burning anywhere under the hood but nothing. :/ Hope its nothing or just my mind messing with me.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
btw the fact that its a pain to have ford look up a simple smell (they didnt even TRY) is making me feel this warranty is worthless. lol.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Maybe they spilled some, mine stink once and a while, no biggy

It actually started to stop when I swapped my PVC for the gt500 onae

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Is it past the halfway point of the "full" area on the dipstick?

no, its actually perfectly spot on the full area. I was wondering if they overfilled it but its perfect at level.

Thanks for the link mastwolf, will definately be doing this mod!

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
mines does it right after I jack it up on one side. I think an air/oil separator is the solution.

JerryC

Established Member
no, its actually perfectly spot on the full area. I was wondering if they overfilled it but its perfect at level.

Thanks for the link mastwolf, will definately be doing this mod!

If mine goes above the half way point between the dots, it will smell like oil burning. Only way to make it stop is to drain some oil.

rsb5772

Established Member
Have you looked under the car? With only 3k on mine, the rear main seal started leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread