HO Fibertrends Group Purchase on hoods...

TRBO VNM

personally I don't like those MRT's at all. the bracket and everything is just to gawdy looking. the nice thing about the redline is the factory look.

Angus

Established Member
Who is this GP open to Allen?

I've been looking at a lightweight HO hood for my Mach...

Needcobra

Established Member
hmmm something i might wanna do. I wanna do a saleen wing as well and think 2.5 and saleen wing would look good 2gether. Ill let you know....

Almo

Established Member
Angus66 said:
Who is this GP open to Allen?

I've been looking at a lightweight HO hood for my Mach...

Bill, I was going to have pallet and or pallets sent to Excessive Motorsport...

If you don't mind driving then you are more than welcome to get in the group purchase. Too bad I don't have a truck or I would work something out for you guys up North.

Here is Excessive's address:
9207 Venture CT
Manassas Park, VA 20111

One suggestion would be, someone up North doing a GP for their area, it might be easier for people to pick up hoods in that area rather than driving South to pick them up. Just a thought, all you need is 5 hoods to be purchased on one pallet to get the price I mentioned in my initial post.

Also another suggestion, if we get more than 10, we can split the order sending up two pallets to different addresses making it easier for people to pick theirs up.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Allen

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Thanks for the re-direct, Allen. I didn't even notice the GP thread...gotta love the timing on that! You MACA boyz take such good care of each other!

Guess I'm in then...

'99-'04 2.5" Cowl with build up for the RedLine struts, if you please.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Guys, just to let you know, the redline shocks are valved to the weight of the stock hood. If you look at their site, they tell you not to use the kit on any aftermarket hoods unless you tell them. If the HO hood weights almost 20 pounds lighter, your hood might stand the chance of being opened way too fast and breaking something.

Just an FYI.

Almo

Established Member
Good looking out Dale!!

People that have had lighter hoods know they shoot up and it is imperative to keep a hand on the hood applying a little pressure so the hood will not open so quick and eventually working the brackets/rivets loose and or breaking pieces of the hood off where the brackets are attached.

Thanks again, great point.

Cheers,
Allen

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
sunburned said:
Guys, just to let you know, the redline shocks are valved to the weight of the stock hood. If you look at their site, they tell you not to use the kit on any aftermarket hoods unless you tell them. If the HO hood weights almost 20 pounds lighter, your hood might stand the chance of being opened way too fast and breaking something.

Just an FYI.

Catching you on the chin on the way up.

That'd be great in a Mel Brooks movie.

Nice catch.

Mike

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Anytime guys. I've always thought about getting a CF hood because I thought they were the lightest out there (I guess not unless you spend $1000+) and remembered what redline tuning said about aftermarket hoods. I wish I could get in on this GB because it is so cheap, but I have NO money so therefore I am forced to wait til after school is out and I'm actually earning a paycheck.

TRBO VNM

I normally hold mine while it comes up, but I will probably check with redline on this as well. with the shocks properly installed, there is a relief on the last couple of inches that the hood opens.

Almo

Established Member
Gents,

Next week ok to start this GP? Who's in for sure and how do we want to take care of payments? I'll gladly place all of them against a credit card but I would ask for payment before I ordered in case someone changed their mind, I don't care to be stuck with paying for an extra hood.

I am going to contact Jim at HO Fibertrends and ask what the final price is on the hoods shipped. I will also ask about the extra material.

Let me know.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Allen - give me a number and I'll send you a check.

One question on the Redline struts...
One post said "they tell you not to use the kit on any aftermarket hoods unless you tell them." Does anyone know if this means that they will customize the strut pressure based on the hood weight? I'm going to order another pair for the new hood anyway, just for the upper brackets - I'm not gonna try to take the old ones off of the stock hood!

Guess I should probably ask Redline, huh? :idea:

Almo

Established Member
Will do, I emailed Jim this morning letting him know 3 hoods needed the extra material and I also ask him what the cost on freight shipping 7 hoods would be. I am not sure if a little extra charge will be placed on the hoods needing the material for the redlines. I'll post final numbers soon as I receive his reply.

Allen

TRBO VNM

let me know allen about the extra material. I wonder if they can put a metal brace in there or something. hopefully it isn't extra depending on what is done.

I might call redline as well.

Users who are viewing this thread