HO Fibertrends Group Purchase on hoods...

Almo

Established Member
Got word from Jim... no charge for the extra material for the hoods. That said, one person dropped out of the GP leaving us with 6. It looks like the hoods will end up right at $340 a piece shipped... give or take a dollar.

Again, I'll PM you guys my address if you would like to send a check, soon as checks clear I will call and place the order on my credit card.

You guys needing the extra material, can you all let me know exactly where the extra material will need to be added. I have an idea seeing how I have had these shocks on all my hoods but I would feel better if you give me the exact measurements so everything will be done to you guys specs.

Thanks and once I get a few checks, I will most likely go ahead and place the order so the hoods will get here soon.

Cheers,
Allen

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Damn! Just did my measurements for placement of the upper strut brackets... :bash:

Building up that area correctly ain't gonna be easy, because the Redline brackets aren't bent at 90 degrees, they're bent at 105 degrees to match the angle of the stock hood. And matching the bracket angle to the shape of the mounting area is surely a key component to their strength.

They may not even work unless the angle from the outer edge of the built-up area down to the hood is exactly right - they won't be as strong if the angle is too small, and they won't even mount correctly if the angle is too large.

Anyway, the size of the built-up areas should be at least 3" (front-to-back) by 1-1/2" (side-to-side), located at 23" from the rear edge of the hood, and inset 1-1/2" from the outer edges. And the angle from the built-up area down to the hood needs to be 15 degrees past vertical (105 degrees).

If HO can't match the 15 degrees exactly, it would be better to have more angle than less. That way, we could remove the excess glass in order to fit the upper bracket angle.

Any of you other guys getting these same numbers?!?

TRBO VNM

what I measured was from the rear stud on the hood that bolts to the hinges. this would be the one closer to the firewall. I got a location from 18-22 inches front and back of the bracket, but would like more area than that.

Almo

Established Member
I am sure they have built this area up before. I'll ask and see, should have done so with my first email.

So as I take it... build up should extend 3" long by 1.5" wide and be applied at 105 degree angle... material should extend from 18" to 23" measure from the back end of the hood.

This correct?

Also, remember the hood will hold paint and this will help strengthen the material where the redlines are installed, even if the angle is slightly off.

Anyway, you guys will have to agree and let me know before I say anything.

Allen

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
94-98 Mustang/Cobra Hood

Part# 9498C

These are the 96-98 hoods correct? Just lighter weight? If so, please put me down for one.

Thanks guys!!

TRBO VNM

Allen, my 18-22 inch measurement was from the stud in the factory hood. not the back of the hood. And I think it should be more of a 15 to 25" to spread the load out a bit more.

Almo

Established Member
busta said:
94-98 Mustang/Cobra Hood

Part# 9498C

These are the 96-98 hoods correct? Just lighter weight? If so, please put me down for one.

Thanks guys!!

Pasad and T,

Are you two able to send a check this week? If so, I'll list you guys down for a hood. I am placing the order soon as I get the checks and they clear... if you two are ok with this and you're able to send it out this week then I'll be glad to list hoods against your name. If this is doable for you guys then let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Also, are you guys going to be going with a hood shock like redline tuning? If so, I'll need measurements where you want the material added so the redline brackets will merry up with the hood.

Pasad, let me know, the measurements for your you car is across the board. If you see a suggestion different than in the thread then also let me know.

Lastly, and this probably goes more for T, you realize these hoods are local pickup in Northern Virginia?

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Oh... I'm sorry Almo I didn't read that they were local pickup only. I guess I'll pass on this one.

However, to the guys with the 96-98 SN95's who are replacing their hoods, I'm interested in purchasing your stock hood! I really want one haha!

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
Allen, my 18-22 inch measurement was from the stud in the factory hood. not the back of the hood. And I think it should be more of a 15 to 25" to spread the load out a bit more.

Jason's right...increasing the size of the built-up area a bit to spread out the load wouldn't be a bad idea.

Almo said:
So as I take it... build up should extend 3" long by 1.5" wide and be applied at 105 degree angle... material should extend from 18" to 23" measure from the back end of the hood.

Actually, my measurement from the rear edge of the hood is from 23" to 26" - spreading that out a bit would give me from 21" to 28" from the rear edge. Also, don't forget to mention the 1-1/2" inset from the outer edges of the hood. Ehhh, hopefully HO has done this before and already knows where to put them, as you said!

Almo

Established Member
That is cool Prasad... had remembered where you lived seeing how you followed us up last year to Mason.

I'll get with you little later. PM'ed you by the way. :thumbsup:

Almo

Established Member
Thanks Jason! When I receive the checks and unless told other wise... I'll take a picture and send it back to the person that wrote it to show I received them.

Also, was the below what everyone wants/ agrees on? Nothing against you Tim, just making sure bud.

Material added should be 21" to 28" from the rear edge, inset of 1.5" from the outer edge, and built-up on the hood should reflect 15 degrees past vertical (105 degrees).

Users who are viewing this thread