Home theater guys, tell me about uni-clickers

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Here's my experience.

Went from 4 remotes (tv, cable box, dvd, vcr) to a Harmony. Cant remember the model though.

It was awesome. I could pretty much control all 4 items seamlessly from the harmony. Only problem was the kids and wife. Quite often i would get calls at work...."the tv wont turn on, volume wont work, dvd wont play...)

Since then i just built a new house. Before building i researched many companies that provide these types of features. I went with a manufacturer Control 4.

My single remote now controls....ready for this....
1)4 tv's 2) blueray 3) PS3 4) XBOX 5) 7.1 receiver 6) 5.1 receiver 7) 4 cable boxes 8) lights 9) 4 zones of audio 10) 2 ipod docks 11) whole house security 12) ip video cameras..... and probably a few other things i cant remember now.

The system also has a 6 button keypad in my theatre room. The buttons are labeled... cable box, dvd, ps3, radio, satellite, and room off. As you enter the room press a button and voila all components turn on to the right inputs and outputs. This is also possible from the remote. Check out their website.

Control4 Home Automation and Home Control

control 4 is awesome stuff. cant wait to use it

if you want a professional grade version of control 4, check out Crestron

Users who are viewing this thread