Honeymoon Locations?

RGrossman

Established Member
Aruba actually wasnt to expensive when we went 2 years ago. What is going to kill your budget is food. You might want to stick to an affordable all-inclusive in the cozumel/cancun area.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
Rob and I are going to Maui for 6 days in September. With the airfare, hotel (5 star with an ocean view), convertible rental car & daily paid breakfast, it was only $3800.

Check out Sandal's or Beaches locations, they usually have good deals. If you don't like any of their locations, I suggest going through a travel agency. They can get you package deals as well.

CBrowning84

Established Member
Aruba actually wasnt to expensive when we went 2 years ago. What is going to kill your budget is food. You might want to stick to an affordable all-inclusive in the cozumel/cancun area.

That's probably true but we will definitely cook a lot!

Rob and I are going to Maui for 6 days in September. With the airfare, hotel (5 star with an ocean view), convertible rental car & daily paid breakfast, it was only $3800.

Check out Sandal's or Beaches locations, they usually have good deals. If you don't like any of their locations, I suggest going through a travel agency. They can get you package deals as well.

I don't know enough to know if that's a good deal or not lol. :shrug: Sounds pretty good though! Thanks we'll have to check out the agency :beer:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
hmm.. good question lol. sub 300/night??

It would be for 5 days probably

There's alot listed here that would be at or around $1k/week and I'm sure you could haggle a little. I flipped through Sanibel and Captiva. I've rented houses and condos in the past - totally beats staying at a hotel IMO.

Florida South West Florida Vacation Rentals by Owner, Florida South West Florida VRBO, Vacation Home Rentals, Condo Rentals, FRBO Vacation Rentals, Florida South West Florida Travel Information

Temps in October down here average 86/69.
Average Weather for Fort Myers/Southwest Florida Intl Arpt, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

Good luck in your search.

bscarberry

Established Member
Thailand, check out Phuket and the Phi Phi Islands.... cheap as hell once you get there and amazing beaches

CBrowning84

Established Member
I'm sure there are better deals out there, but it was the best I could find, lol. Good luck & Congrats!

Thanks! :beer:

Thailand, check out Phuket and the Phi Phi Islands.... cheap as hell once you get there and amazing beaches

Interesting! I don't know about traveling that far, but might be worth a look into... plus I only know Engrish.. wouldn't that hinder us? lol

Any thoughts on cruises?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

+1

it can be just like that movie "The Beach"

makes sure u have the mario brothers theme on your zune/pod so you can listen to it and run through the jungle!!!!!

CBrowning84

Established Member
take a cruise. cheaper than you might think.

that's kinda what we're talking about... i've never been on a cruise, I just don't want a small room with a bunch of people around and a set schedule and stuff... so idk.. don't really know what to expect

Sea Pony

Workin'! Woot!
Established Member
Dude Seriously.

You have to check out Sandals. My sister got married there and we stayed for a week. All expenses paid up front. You got time to pay it off and get anything you want while you are on the resort.

The price is pretty reasonable as long as you don't go for the in room breakfast, the in room bar, concierge or butler. We did the bar and the breakfast and it was a total waste of money. All the drinks are free throughout the resort so we hardly used the bar and there is a huge buffet for every meal.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I went to St. Thomas....the Ritz Carlton....it was AMAZING! Hotel and airfare was $3100 for 7 days, 8 nights with a ocean view suite. and we probably spent another $1200 on meals and other stuff. All I have to say is Magan's Bay!

tbb-magens04-725273.jpg

CBrowning84

Established Member
There's alot listed here that would be at or around $1k/week and I'm sure you could haggle a little. I flipped through Sanibel and Captiva. I've rented houses and condos in the past - totally beats staying at a hotel IMO.

Florida South West Florida Vacation Rentals by Owner, Florida South West Florida VRBO, Vacation Home Rentals, Condo Rentals, FRBO Vacation Rentals, Florida South West Florida Travel Information

Temps in October down here average 86/69.
Average Weather for Fort Myers/Southwest Florida Intl Arpt, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

Good luck in your search.

Now that's what i'm talkin about!! Yeah definably want to do a house/condo, screw the hotel crap.

Thanks for the help man! Will check this out.

Dude Seriously.

You have to check out Sandals. My sister got married there and we stayed for a week. All expenses paid up front. You got time to pay it off and get anything you want while you are on the resort.

The price is pretty reasonable as long as you don't go for the in room breakfast, the in room bar, concierge or butler. We did the bar and the breakfast and it was a total waste of money. All the drinks are free throughout the resort so we hardly used the bar and there is a huge buffet for every meal.

This also sounds very promising!!:beer:

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
that's kinda what we're talking about... i've never been on a cruise, I just don't want a small room with a bunch of people around and a set schedule and stuff... so idk.. don't really know what to expect

Rooms are small, but it comes with the territory when you are on a ship. Its not like you spend alot of time in there anyways. If you are worried about size, book a suite. They are considerably larger. A good deal for a 7 night 8 day cruise is ~$700pp and up for a balcony. Many of the cruise lines allow for anytime dining now too. The only real schedule you have is when you get into ports for getting on and off the ship.

Last edited:

mysterio

Established Member
A cruise is not a bad option. There should be a few leaving Florida, and heading to the Bahamas or Bermuda. Often, a private island stop is included. You get built-in accomodations (on the ship, obviously) and meals.

Couple of drawbacks are you're at the mercy of THEIR schedule, not yours, and if you encounter rough seas ( I did on my cruise), nothing is worse than the smell of other people's puke throughout a ship. Sets off a nasty chain reaction, but feeds the fishes :p

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Top Priorities are as follows (in no particular order):
1. Beach (warm in october, so probably have to be pretty far south?)
2. Secluded
3. Relatively cheap but still really nice

Any ideas? :shrug:

He said warm and beach Jason! GAH! I don't remember Gatlinburg having any oceans last time was there! :burn: :lol:

yeah can't you read! :read::p

i only left out one word =P....beach

gatlinburg is secluded
gatlinburg is cheap and nice
gatlinburg is still fairly warm in october (when we got there on Jan 2nd for ours it was 76 out)

i figured 2.5 outta 3 worked

:banana:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Puerto Vallarta is pretty sweet. A little busy, but nothing like the more popular spring break party towns. Cheap food (though awesome) and great beaches. I looked at ticket prices a couple of weeks ago and it seems ~$550 per ticket is average.

Users who are viewing this thread