Hood liner = brittle??

PDubs

Established Member
I was about to do the postban mod and acquired the little interior pin removal tool to help out with the plastic pins that hold it up. I got to the second one, and as I try to create an opening in which I can slide the tool under, my hood liner is just flaking off. Literally. Is this normal? Should I continue with the removal?

Also, any warranty implications with removing the hoodliner? (this concern is raised due to the recent post about 295s+ voiding the powertrain).

Fast Willy

Established Member
If your talking about the silver layer between the hood and the liner then yes thats normal, atleast thats what happened to mine a little bit.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
How much hp can you get from this hood mod?
Any big seat-of-the-pants gains?
Will it void my warranty?
Will it help with wheelhop?
Hood Mod, Nittos, Hood Mod, Nittos, can't decide, HELP!!
Is it a big weight savings?
Will it let rain through?
Will it let sunlight through?
Will it let alien mind control waves in?
Will chicks dig it?
[lisp]Will boys dig it?[/lisp]
Will it intimidate ricers more than my Borla Stingers do?
Will I need MILS after I do it?
Can the predator be programmed to do the hood mod?
Is LFP coming out with there own HOOD MOD after 8 months of research?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Forgot to ask, How much hp will I have with the Hood Mod, catback and the grounding mod?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a question for ya because the hood mod pros and cons have been bantered about here for a couple of years. Some say it's great. Others say why remove something that was place there for a reason to begin with. Here's the question. There is a bulletin out for the repainting of the hood for paint chipping/flaking. The hood blanket must provide some level of heat protection for the paint, maybe only minimally.........I really don't know. If the blanket is removed and the car is taken in at some point for a hood paint issue is Ford potentially going to say they won't repaint the hood because the blanket was removed? Just something to consider before moving it.

Postpan, YES to all of your questions above! :)

PDubs

Established Member
The only thing warrany-wise I'm really worried about is them being stupid with the rain issue, when yes, we all know the water falls through. Postban is quite the comedian, I am aware this is YOUR mod. :)

So screw it, off the liner goes unless my hood's not fully painted.

Users who are viewing this thread