Votes: 28 43.1%
  • NOT Rice!

Votes: 37 56.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
why not mount them underneath....so you put the pins in through the grill on either side of the snake? this is what i had thought about doing. they would be close together, but still there, and not visible once the hood is shut. I hope im being clear....but i just mean mounting the studs on the UNDER side of the hood and then drilling holes into the frame. just reversed.....

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
They look good on my GT350, I would not put them on my 03 Cobra. If you race the car and the whole car has the "race" look then I say yes, otherwise no.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Hidden or upside down through the grill delete is way better. 60's muscle was a REALLY long time ago.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I am planning on going with the under hood pins as well.

underhoodpins1.jpg

underhoodpins2.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
They are not rice - especially when they are needed for certain hood types. I would not, under any circumstances do it to my stock hood, though. I would only do it with an aftermarket CF hood, or that Tiger racing one.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Hood pins have been on muscle cars since the 60's. Some of them from the factory. I would say that makes them not rice. As far as putting them on it is a personal prefference, or necessity thing. Myself I would not put them on just for looks.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I think that hidden pin setup is an excellent alternative for hoods which require pins!

03cobrah

Established Member
i remember my buddy had one on his,and he forgot to put them back on. needless to say while he was driving on the highway the hood shot up and smashed his windshield

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I have also found some stealth hood pins from wms. There was supposed to be a sn95 version but don't see it.

wms-shp05m.jpg

Western Motorsports - Stealth Hood Pins

I've got these hood pins and really like them. You don't see anything from the outside of the car. Popping the hood is still as easy as pulling the hood release latch because you tie these into the factory system. Pop the hood and it releases all 3 latches. Slam the hood shut and you're done. No pins to lose.

Crappy pics, but you get the idea.

Spoolx

Established Member
Any modification can be rice, just depends on the scenario.. if you install hoodpins for the look and are running a stock hood and the stock latch and safety than imo it is ricey, if you have an aftermarket hood that is carbon fiber or fiberglass and are sketchy about the latch then its not ricey.
I personally am not a huge fan but its sometimes required.

StangSteph

Established Member
I know a lot of people that dont like them, but I love the look of them and they serve a purpose.
if you have a stock hood of stock 'material', there's really no need for it except look. aftermarket hood, better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread