Hood Shock Group Buy

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by Steve Snake Driver
Torch Red 10th, where did you find D3 code paint? I tried all the auto parts stores locally and none had Colorado Red/Torch Red. Ford dealer said they only sell it in touch-up bottles, no spay. I used Chysler Flash Red after some experimenting.

I get all my paint here: Paintscratch.com.

TRBO VNM

Thanks for the links. I have been trying to find a place for this stuff so I can do something small like the hinges.

Are you guys just using the spray pain or are you also using a clearcoat as well? I see the company on ebay has enamal or basecoat.

thanks
Jason

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Something that may be of interest to those who do this. I painted the brackets but not the self tapping screww cause I figured I'd screw the paint on them up putting them in. Today, had an idea and it works out well. Went and bought some 5/16's vacuum line caps. Trimmed them down to size with a pair of sisscors and pressed them over the bolt heads. Looks good and was a quick and easy fix.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Guys I just got updated prices for the kits, these prices are good for any of the kits they make. For example if you don't have a terminator you can get this price for their focus kits. I'll update the prices at the top as well.

Prices for Quick-Lift kits
Quantity 1-9 $59.95 + shipping via Fed Ex
Quantity 10-19 $54.95 + shipping via Fed Ex
Quantity 20-29 $49.95 + shipping via Fed Ex
Quatitiy 30+ $47.95 + shipping via Fed Ex

Shipping is around $9 per kit and we will offer a discount if multiple kits are shipped to a single address.

So as you can see we are saving a shit load!

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
Just ordered mine! Thanks 99cobraclone for setting this up. Maybe we should keep tabs of the number of orders... I'll start...

1/30

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Found and used this install tip on another board. Works well.

Here's an install tip.
Attach both sides to the underside of the hood, then attach just one side to the fender apron (lower). Position the second side to the apron (let the first side hold the hood up) and position and mark that last piece.

I marked all 4 and my result was that one side was loose with the other side holding up the hood.

One last tip, if you are going to use nuts and bolts on the underside of the hood, make sure you have an extendable magnet to retrieve the nut when you drop it inside of the hood support channel. I had plenty of practise retrieving the nuts.

BTW, this is a great mod to do for those of you still on the fence about it. Worth every penny when you can raise your hood with just one hand.

Thanks to Snakebit on Corral.:beer:

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by halo
Just ordered mine! Thanks 99cobraclone for setting this up. Maybe we should keep tabs of the number of orders... I'll start...

1/30

no problem, its a good idea to keep a tab but I doubt that everyone that buys one will post in this thread. I actually started another thread that I'm going to keep trying to bump up to the top. Redline Tuning is in contact with me and they will let me know what number we are on. I ordered mine before everyone so we have at least two now. I'd be surprised if we don't get to 30 by the end of tomorrow. There was like 50+ responses in this thread as well as those that pmed me.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by Steve Snake Driver
Found and used this install tip on another board. Works well.

Thanks to Snakebit on Corral.:beer:

I have already installed one set and helped on another. If someone can't install these shocks they cannot read. It was the easiest installiations ever. It just takes some courage to drill a hole in a brand new $36,000 car. As long as you make sure to set a dap first the drill will do the rest of the work. It took me no more then 20 mins from start to finish. It really is that simple :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread