Hood Strut Users..Watcha Rockin'?

RC-5.0

Established Member
Have a set of Steeda Billet Hood Struts, but I clamped a small desk light on the hood tonight, and it started to slowly ease down :nonono::bash:
So in the market for some new ones.

I like looks as much as function, and I would prefer something in black.

Let me see what you got and where you got them and how you like them!!

RC

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I don't have photos, but I bought the color matched, "no drill" lifters from JLT. No bling here, just clean and tidy.

Grabber2012

Established Member
I have the black MMD hood struts picked them up on sale for $64.99 from AM.
5C40891A-F759-45A4-9F07-D78D47AE9128_zpswzdgr7lu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

CaliyoteSpecial

I just picked up a set of black MMD hood struts as well. They're on sale for 59.99 on american muscle compared to most hood struts being around $90...hell of a deal IMO.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I have the Roush ones. They barely hold up the weight of the hood, and I have seen others (Redline maybe?) that were so stiff you'd think the hood would bend before closing.

Either way I will always have the prop rod ready to go on the windy track days. Saw a guy's hood/ roof/ windshield smashed last year when a big gust bent the struts over backwards.

hand-filer

Established Member
I have the Roush ones. They barely hold up the weight of the hood, and I have seen others (Redline maybe?) that were so stiff you'd think the hood would bend before closing.

You've got the redline product mixed up with some other brand. The ones that are short and mount up right close to the hinges are crapola.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Roush ones here. They are simple and seem to perform as intended.

OP, if the ones on your kit are like the Roush ones, the lift supports themselves are made by Stabilus. They are probably the manufacturer of almost every OE lift support and aftermarket add on kit out there.

Rebel302

Established Member
I've had the the MRT struts since 2011 and they perform just fine. Kinda wish I would have waited because the Redline struts look way better IMO with the smaller bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread