Hood Struts

high pressure

Established Member
I ordered a set of the Red Line Second generation hood struts and they seem to be rubbing. Any suggestions on other brands that do not rub?

Thanks,
HP

rancid

Established Member
I ordered a set of the Red Line Second generation hood struts and they seem to be rubbing. Any suggestions on other brands that do not rub?

Thanks,
HP

Did you try emailing or calling the manufacture to see what they say? Quite a few people have those installed on their cars and I haven't seen/heard any complaints of rubbing.

I was actually thinking of ordering the Elite system myself at the end of the week.

Tucker

Yes, contact Redline Tuning, they have made a change due to rubbing the shock tower.
First make sure you have the hood mount as far to the outside as possible.

We also paint them color matched for those interested.

522513_10150619445437155_1737985986_n.jpg

Redline Tuning Hood Lifters

Myfast70

Established Member
UPS delivered my painted (DIB) hood lifters today. They look great Jay. Now all I need is for Ford to deliver my car...........

LOL, I'm in the same boat! A shelf full of "looks good parts" and no car to put them on.

Tucker

The best thing about the Redline struts is the piviot point is much higher on the hood.
"Bolt on" styles that use a bracket on the hood hindge and have a piviot point so low that too much hood hangs over and they tend to fail on a windy day or after a year or so.

You will see threads in older car sections of people looking for new or stronger shocks to replace the ones that failed.
Also, once you put a wrench on those 4 hood bolts, they chip.

We have been using and selling Redline Tuning struts for 7 years or more and have not had one set fail or need replacing.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The best thing about the Redline struts is the piviot point is much higher on the hood.
"Bolt on" styles that use a bracket on the hood hindge and have a piviot point so low that too much hood hangs over and they tend to fail on a windy day or after a year or so.

You will see threads in older car sections of people looking for new or stronger shocks to replace the ones that failed.
Also, once you put a wrench on those 4 hood bolts, they chip.

We have been using and selling Redline Tuning struts for 7 years or more and have not had one set fail or need replacing.

We'll have an install article on the Redline struts in the next couple weeks. I'm not looking forward to the paint chipping off those bolts. do you know of a way to avoid it Jay, or a good way to fix it on a 3 stage paint like GHIG or YB?

Tucker

Redline Tuning doesn't remove the hood bolts, the other brands do.
You do remove 1 fender bolt, but just ease it off and you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread