Hood vent accent stripes!?!?!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
About 2 weeks ago someone posted a pic, or a link to a pic where they had some black accents painted on their hood. The accents surrounded the air extractors and ran along the hood contour back towards the cowl. I can't find the orginal post or the website it referenced. Anyone remember it?

U.M.

The stripes kind of looked like this:

Please excuse my crappy MS Paint...

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Never mind... I found it right after posting... What do you think about this on my Oxford White snake? I kind of like it!

U.M.

03Cobra01.JPG

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
It looks ok. I can take it or leave it. It's another personal preference mod.

I wish I had taken a close up of the Strictly Pro/Biscamp hood when I saw their car at Bowling Green. They have "Terminator" in letters on the raised outside part of the hood that looks awesome... Anyone have any pics of that?

03forme

Established Member
That's kinda weird, never saw the post befor but thought the same thing yesterday except I was thinking about the gray color thats inside of the satin finish wheels. my car is white also.

imswheel

Quality SVT Poster
Established Member
PPG Harliquin Stripes

Due to Fords "quality" paint on our fine cars I had to have
the Front Cover - Hood - Trunk - Spoiler - Rear Cover striped
and repainted. The painter and I thought it would be a good
oportunity to dress it up allitle:beer:

It Flashes from almost black to a bright purple with lots of
greens and blues.

What do you think?

Weasel

Established Member
Postban,
Instead of white, try a darker shade of blue. I don't like the white accent on that color.

Mike

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Weasel
Postban,
Instead of white, try a darker shade of blue. I don't like the white accent on that color.

Mike

I've tried light blue, dark blue, black, silver and white. It would take a more skilled jpeg hacker than myself to make them dazzle like imswheels's car, sweet:rockon:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Postban. May I make a suggestion. Put your 'Supercharged' emblem on the rear deck or fender under the Cobra. The hood lines are strong without it. Just a suggestion. I covered my Ford holes with mine. See below.

I still haven't heard who does the decals for the hood. I would prefer decals in case I want to flip back for whatever reason. No, not for resale. Never.

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by 03silvr10thvert
Postban. May I make a suggestion. Put your 'Supercharged' emblem on the rear deck or fender under the Cobra. The hood lines are strong without it. Just a suggestion. I covered my Ford holes with mine. See below....snip...

I tried to "see below" but your tail-lights caused me temporary bling-blindness:nonono:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
I am going to get racing strips like the ones on the silver cobra posted above but mine are going to go from the hood vents back. They will be on the roof also.

Users who are viewing this thread