Hood vent accent stripes!?!?!

missile man

Established Member
UM that looks great. I would go with it. Missed you at the races this weekend. It was cold as a witches ***. Seemed like every car at the race were pulling wheelstands. It was crazy.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I have seen that picture coleman posted before, and personally, I think that is the best one. imswheel's are pretty good, too. And while we're "voting", I like postban's supercharged letters on the side of the buldge on the hood.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Here is a local company that did decals for the hood as shown on this thread:

http://www.syntheticdesigns.com/index.html

Originally posted by 03silvr10thvert
Postban. May I make a suggestion. Put your 'Supercharged' emblem on the rear deck or fender under the Cobra. The hood lines are strong without it. Just a suggestion. I covered my Ford holes with mine. See below.

I still haven't heard who does the decals for the hood. I would prefer decals in case I want to flip back for whatever reason. No, not for resale. Never.

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
kinda ugly to me but everyones got tere own taste.....what i can say and know everyone would agree with me on this but the guys funky tailights are a shame to put on a cobra......looks like a 99 cent mod that would fit on a 88 civic

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Yeah, the euro tail lights do seem a bit pork-fried. I think I like the stripes best in coleman's post. I think they'd probably work best on non-metallic paint though. Stripes seem to look out of place against metallic paints.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I don't know if any of you guys remember or not but HaveEight had some awesome Silver custom hood decals done that looked cool as shit on his Sonic blue Cobra. :rockon: I Don't remember where he got them done at though. :shrug:

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
I don't know if any of you guys remember or not but HaveEight had some awesome Silver custom hood decals done that looked cool as shit on his Sonic blue Cobra. :rockon: I Don't remember where he got them done at though. :shrug:

Is this the car you speak of? It is not mine but I downloaded it way back when.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
Never mind... I found it right after posting... What do you think about this on my Oxford White snake? I kind of like it!

U.M.

03Cobra01.JPG
I thought about getting something like this for my car. Except I want the decals to fade as they go toward the windsheild. So it doesn't look as drastic. Kind of like how the Saleen stripes look.

bskinner

people i dont care what your taste is please dont put white stripes anywhere on your cars.......... unless your trying to win the "how cheesey can you be" contest....

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by KOTH

Those stripes would look even better if they wrapped around the front bumper.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like Coleman's idea, too. If my car was white, by the way, I would go with black accents. I'd use maybe a medium/light gray so that they more blend in rather than jump out. And I'd have the inner area painted in a gradated pattern -- darker at the front and lighter towards the back. It looks like the car in Coleman's post did that.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by KOTH
The stripes are nice, but would have looked a lot better if he covered the entire vent area vs. half of it. :rollseyes

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Do it, Do it, Do it. The car will look killer with that black gas cap that you have. Man that looks so cool.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I like Coleman's idea, too. If my car was white, by the way, I would go with black accents.
Oh, c'mon Bob... you KNOW you wanna do the yellow stripes on your grey hood ;-)

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Not my bag, but if you like it, go for it.

Colemans version doesn't look half bad.

Users who are viewing this thread