Hood vent question

hunterp

Established Member
When I got done installing my FIPK today, I was looking at the hood vents and had a question. When people removed the plastic tabs to open up the vents, did you also cut the blanket to match the new size of the vent openings? TIA

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
At first I did, like a few years ago.... But then the blankie got all jacked from water... Just take it off and cut the vents! :) Orrrr use some velcro to pin em back buds...

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i removed the entire blanket and velcro'd the flaps back....no problems in 3months. after driving, while stopped you can see the heat vapors pouring out of the openings.....definately worth it!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Cut off the plastic vent flaps on the grill. Use a razor blade or matt knife and open up the hood blanket to match the vent openings. This will purge lots of heat out of the engine compatment and keeps the hood paint from betting cooked.

spinscan

Established Member
I have seen posts that say if you have the KN you should leave the blanket on. Does anyone know if it really makes any difference? Mine is off and I have a K&N.

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
It makes no diff bro, just watch the water, try not to drive it in the rain so it doesnt get on the filter, and cover ur filter with a towel when you wash her...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Modifying the hood blanket to follow the contour of the opened hood grille openings has been a popular mod for awhile now. Postban did a nice writeup with pictures. Some just take the blanket off, some modify the hood blanket, and some just leave it alone........To each his own.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I took mine completely off because I didn't want to bother with cutting and messing up the entire hood lining! If at a later time I wish to put it on in factory fashion its in 100% good condition. I just velcro the flaps back when they're opened up. Other than that, no real issues with rain but I'll wash my car tomorrow and let you know!

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
I took my blanket off too. As soon as I find someone having problems with the paint on thier hood. Im placing mine back. As of now, its been 3 months and no problem. Some have them as long 1 year and no problem with the hood or paint.

Users who are viewing this thread