Horsepower on 05 Cobra?

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
I spoke with the Ford rep at the show here in Cincinnati, and in Detroit. The GT is going to be 400 HP. The only real difference is it will have a backseat. He told me they haven't nailed it down for sure yet but, the Cobra will be 460-500 HP with matching torque. I go to the Detroit show, and the show here every year. This guy has became a friend of mine, and he tells me truthful info. I have seen a pic of the 05 Cobra, yes the real car not a drawing. The only word to describe it is WOW! It looks like a 67-68 Shelby fastback because it has scoops behind the quarter glass, and in front of the wheel well.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
Who says that there will be an 05 Cobra R? Also why can't it have more power? Look at the 2000 R 385/385. The 03 is 390/390. However the R is a whole different breed of car. Lightweight, tuned suspension, and pure race bred. You know that John Colletti was already thinking of the 03 Cobra when he released the 2000 R. So why wouldn't he put out a higher horsepower one again?

Pulsar

Established Member
I sincerely doubt the validity of the '05 Cobra you saw.

Although I suppose if they used a carry over '03 engine it could be done in time, but there certainly isn't a new one in the works according to the guys at the engine plant.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
Like I told you 03CobraBro 460-500 HP. Now that you have heard it from the horses mouth do you believe me. I know that it will be an 06, but come out in 05. The new Vette will be done the same way. I had already read that, and was very impressed that someone posted info that backed up what I said. Now that you have heard 500 HP from more than one person, do you believe it? I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone, I just know what I posted was true.

Pulsar, the pic I saw was real. A friend of mine who works for Ford went to the showing of it at the plant. He took a pic, even though he obviously wasn't supposed to, and the car is awsome! I for one will be ordering an 06 Cobra as soon as possible. I have also talked my dad into getting one too. He's getting a case of the middle age crazies. He misses his first new car more than anything. It was a red with black interior 1970 BOSS 429. It was somewhere in the neighborhood on 1 of 400. He wants something with some major power to take him back to when he was young. He begs me to drive mine all the time. I guess it's a little more fun to drive that his 4X4 Ranger.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Nordi
Like I told you 03CobraBro 460-500 HP. Now that you have heard it from the horses mouth do you believe me. I know that it will be an 06, but come out in 05. The new Vette will be done the same way. I had already read that, and was very impressed that someone posted info that backed up what I said. Now that you have heard 500 HP from more than one person, do you believe it? I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone, I just know what I posted was true.

Pulsar, the pic I saw was real. A friend of mine who works for Ford went to the showing of it at the plant. He took a pic, even though he obviously wasn't supposed to, and the car is awsome! I for one will be ordering an 06 Cobra as soon as possible. I have also talked my dad into getting one too. He's getting a case of the middle age crazies. He misses his first new car more than anything. It was a red with black interior 1970 BOSS 429. It was somewhere in the neighborhood on 1 of 400. He wants something with some major power to take him back to when he was young. He begs me to drive mine all the time. I guess it's a little more fun to drive that his 4X4 Ranger.

I stand corrected Nordi.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
03CobraBro please don't take this as I'm trying to be nasty. I'm not. I like this board and all of you guys. I'm like everyone else, I just like to share and receive info. Please no harsh feelings, everyone here is :thumbsup: in my book!

03CobraBro

Established Member
Oh no no, I know you didnt mean any harm. I was just acknowledging that you were right. No hard feelings :beer:

davidmax

Established Member
It IMHO will be a 5.0 litre very similar to the SHM motor.Ford will do some out sourcing on this and the motor will fall into the 450-550 range.Dave S

'03GrayGhost

Originally posted by 03CobraBro
I stand corrected Nordi.

Unless I missed something, nothing was said in the press conference about there being an actual Cobra concept. Just what it is expected to be. The GT concepts have been out for almost a year. Why haven't we even seen a rendering of the next Cobra?

Just wondering?

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Mr.Nordi
can you post the real pic for 05 and does 06 Cobra will be 5.4 or 4.6 ??

and how man hp will be ???

Users who are viewing this thread