Hostess Shut down! No more Twinkies or Honey Buns

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
When a company has 7 CEOs in 10 years its usually not a good sign. The union and company have had issues for years and years, well before Obama. It sucks that these people are losing their jobs but on the bright side, maybe we won't have so many fat useless tubs of lard running (sitting) around. That's just wishful thinking though.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
How is it the unions fault? Maybe the Ceo's and big shots of the company should try working for shitty pay and terrible working conditions. God forbid people ask for a fair wage. Jesus Christ if I was making $11.64 an hour I would be on strike too.

I would go work somewhere that paid more.
:shrug:

T.Man

Established Member
$11.xx/hr is quite a bit above the minimum wage? I don't see how that's a bad wage in an economy like this? Just means that person will most likely need a secondary supplemental job like most of the other hard working people that weren't fortunate enough to retain their previous higher paying job(s).

You can bash a CEO or their board members but remember, there is always a bottom line. Businesses have to make a profit and if they're unable to do so, then the doors close. It's as simple as that.

And before anyone tells me "Well, they didn't need their huge salaries, bonuses, etc. etc. etc." who are you to decide that? It's their business. Are you that ignorant that you feel entitled to tell them what to do with their money/business?

Regardless of who is at fault for this, the loss of almost 20,000 jobs is terrible.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
$11.xx/hr is quite a bit above the minimum wage? I don't see how that's a bad wage in an economy like this? Just means that person will most likely need a secondary supplemental job like most of the other hard working people that weren't fortunate enough to retain their previous higher paying job(s).

You can bash a CEO or their board members but remember, there is always a bottom line. Businesses have to make a profit and if they're unable to do so, then the doors close. It's as simple as that.

And before anyone tells me "Well, they didn't need their huge salaries, bonuses, etc. etc. etc." who are you to decide that? It's their business. Are you that ignorant that you feel entitled to tell them what to do with their money/business?

Regardless of who is at fault for this, the loss of almost 20,000 jobs is terrible.

best post in this thread, Obama Bashers are dumb

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Oh yeaa, it's just that easy these days I guess? How about a fair wage and no one has to go looking for a new job.
Its a Hostess job, how much for do you really expect to get paid?? Im sure an employee from McDonalds does more work and get ish from people and still get paid less.

Would you really expect to get paid 15 hr for moving breads around?

CSD

Banned
When a company has 7 CEOs in 10 years its usually not a good sign. The union and company have had issues for years and years, well before Obama. It sucks that these people are losing their jobs but on the bright side, maybe we won't have so many fat useless tubs of lard running (sitting) around. That's just wishful thinking though.

Another company will purchase snacks like Twinkies and continue to make the product, so fat people will continue to get fatter

CSD

Banned
Oh yeaa, it's just that easy these days I guess? How about a fair wage and no one has to go looking for a new job.

Mixing dough and delivering Twinkies doesn't require much intelligence. If you wanna earn more $, do something about it. It's called hustling :poke:

No one forced those employees to stay there and settle for $11 dollars an hour

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
the bakers union wasnt willing to make concessions at all. their stubborness backfired on them. my gf used to work there and still has friends that do. pretty sad news..

let alone the fact that there will be no more Chocodiles! :whine: my favorite when i was a kid. bimbo has a version but its not the same
2-2.jpg

Trade some Chocodiles for some TF Wheels? ;-) lol

truefiveo

Established Member
How is it the unions fault? Maybe the Ceo's and big shots of the company should try working for shitty pay and terrible working conditions. God forbid people ask for a fair wage. Jesus Christ if I was making $11.64 an hour I would be on strike too.

I bet you would be the same unemployed ****tard also on strike yelling OMGZ THE MESICANS TOOK R JOBS!!!:lol:

Some Americans just have too much pride these days.:nonono:

Last edited:

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
tell me oh great one, how do you know that mixing dough is what this persons job is? Factories that bake things need maintenance personnel, HR, etc...

im waiting..
Reading comprehesion > You

Taken directly from the article;
"We want to go back to work. But all I've done since I've been here is give," said 35-year-old Dan Carlson, who mixes dough in the Lenexa plant for $17 an hour and has worked with Hostess for six years. "We can't keep giving."

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
tell me oh great one, how do you know that mixing dough is what this persons job is? Factories that bake things need maintenance personnel, HR, etc...

im waiting..

my gf was an hr manager there. she worked at the corporate office out here. ill ask her later if they had anything beyond basic jobs at the factories but she did say that people were paid fairly well for what they were doing and had benefits. and the pay they did receive was what their union had previously agreed to. the company has been doing bad for years and had gone through a complete restructuring a few years ago, closing a few locations and laying people off. one of her friends was an HR director and lost her job (a couple of years ago) during that period. they axed ALL the director level positions. she had worked there for 30 years and hasnt been able to find a job since. its not just the little guys that get the axe during troubled times.

they just recently brought Wonder Bread back out here, which surprised her. they had closed the Wonder Bread factories in the previous restructuring.

so now if another company comes in and continues making their products these employees are going to be getting even less than they were fighting against. :shrug:

and per the article, it was a small percentage of the work force who was refusing to concede. 30%. now the other 70% who did agree are being dragged down with them as a result.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member

im waiting..

A little skill I picked up in grade school called reading. You should try it some time.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
$11/hr is still better than minimum wage.

These people act like theyre college grads with $100k in debt and an actual education that warrants a decent pay. You mix dough or filling for $17/hr? You dont even deserve $11/hr.

ff500

Established Member
For the record the employees made concessions three years ago, what does corporate do with the money. They give each other bonuses and pay raises. Corporate asks the employees for more concessions, this time employees say No Way.

Good for them! Tired of the man taking advantage! Stuff your Ho Ho up your Ding Dong , Twinkie Face !

Ironhand

Banned
For the record the employees made concessions three years ago, what does corporate do with the money. They give each other bonuses and pay raises. Corporate asks the employees for more concessions, this time employees say No Way.

Good for them! Tired of the man taking advantage! Stuff your Ho Ho up your Ding Dong , Twinkie Face !

I hate to point this out but you're doing it wrong.

It's "Stuff your Ding Dong in your Ho Ho"....

Just saying. :lol:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member

Yeah, good for them. Now they get to sit at home on their honey buns and not collect a pay check.

Users who are viewing this thread