Hot Rod Power Tour 2011

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
After about a month of prep work and mods, we're finally ready to embark on our second Hot Rod Power Tour. Which is a good thing, since we leave bright and early tomorrow morning. Here is our route over the next 11 or so days:

1161031405_i6HJo-L.jpg

2011 HOT ROD MAGAZINE POWER TOUR
June 4 ....... Cocoa Beach, FL at Port Canavaral
June 5 ....... Adel/Valdosta, GA at South Georgia Motorsports Park
June 6 ....... Montgomery, AL at Montgomery Motorsports Park
June 7 ....... Nashville, TN at LP Field
June 8 ....... Indianapolis, IN at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
June 9 ....... Muskegon, MI at Downtown
June 10 ..... Detroit, MI at Metropolitan Beach
June 11 ..... Detroit, MI (Long Hauler Awards)

Shirts we had made:

Untitled-S.png

Mods since last year - Texas Speed SS headers, LS9 cam, painted calipers and mufflers (yes, we're still running the factory catback!), some engine dress-up, and a spiffy new set of door decals...

IMG3445m-XL.jpg

IMG3438m-XL.jpg

IMG3442-XL.jpg

Last year we ran with a friend in his 2009 Z06, but this year he decided to bring the wife's new car instead - a 2011 Camaro SS Vert with wheels, Maggie, catback, coilovers, and some engine and interior dressup. You know, Houston Stock.

162-1.jpg

162-22.jpg

162-7.jpg

I will be updating this thread as we progress through the tour (and time/internet connection allow), but if you don't hear from me check the gallery, as that's what I'll be adding to first.

Power Tour 2011 - Texas Mile Photography

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Forgot to say, we will be at the Nitto booth and the red vert will be at the Magnacharger booth, so if you see us don't be shy!

txbull

Established Member
That would be so cool kat! i remember your thread from last year and looking forward to this years pics!! maybe some vids this year?
be safe!!

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Not sure what the deal is but both cars didn't put down a good number when we went to dyno them. Car runs fine but no time to have it fully checked out before. Mine makes 514/480 right now and the red vert did 440/441. Not terrible but both should make more. Hopefully we can get it ironed out upon our return!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I'm considering making the Montgomery venue.
I'll be there with camera in hand. Doubt if I'll drive over there with the Vette though... MMP is a decent sized facility, but I'm hearing they are expecting 4000 cars to roll in??? Depending on how many spectators & vendors attend it has the potential to be a parking nightmare. Keep in mind MMP has a very small paved parking area. Most will be in the grass or out in their auxiliary parking field.

Regardless I can't wait to see some of the bad ass machinery that's coming in with the Power Tour. Might want to bring some sunblock too... forecast is for high 90's as usual with 95%+ humidity. Welcome to 'Bama.

U.M.

MMP_air_585.jpg

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I like the pace car. Always thought that was the best looking pace car ever made.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I've wanted to do this for the last 2 years. I think I might be requesting some time off for next years tour!

Have fun and be safe!

NotQuik

Just a GT
Established Member
I'll only be doing the first leg fortunately but unfortunately...Should be good.

I'll be in a white '07 mustang on racestars (17's/15's) and black up the center of the hood.

Josh93

Established Member
Mods since last year - Texas Speed SS headers, LS9 cam, painted calipers and mufflers (yes, we're still running the factory catback!), some engine dress-up, and a spiffy new set of door decals...

I remember seeing you last year when the Power Tour went through Summerville, GA. That was the most commotion our town has seen in a while, haha. Will you all be coming through that way again??

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I remember seeing you last year when the Power Tour went through Summerville, GA. That was the most commotion our town has seen in a while, haha. Will you all be coming through that way again??
Ahhhhh..... did you happen to see the map hybred posted at the top of this page showing the route? I would say no... they won't coming through Summerville. :bored:

U.M.

1bad93

Established Member
I'm a space coast local, and just read about the tour in the paper. Are you going to do the Space Center tour on Sunday. I work at KSC, and getting to drive around inside the gate is a rare opportunity for most folks. Best of luck of luck on the tour...nice ride too.

Joe

Wabish

Established Member
I'm headed down to Cocoa Beach in the morning. I will be without the Cobra but will be at a couple of the shows. Headed to Orlando Sunday afternoon.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Tony's has a Maggie too right? Wow that's really low. Something definitely weird going on.

Yep, def something weird.

I'm a space coast local, and just read about the tour in the paper. Are you going to do the Space Center tour on Sunday. I work at KSC, and getting to drive around inside the gate is a rare opportunity for most folks. Best of luck of luck on the tour...nice ride too.

Joe

Hell yes!! We signed up for that tour almost as soon as it was announced.

Posted from I12 E of Baton Rouge!

Josh93

Established Member
Ahhhhh..... did you happen to see the map hybred posted at the top of this page showing the route? I would say no... they won't coming through Summerville. :bored:

U.M.

Thank you for your smart reply. Just seeing if the map was accurate.

Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread