Hot Rod Power Tour 2013 - FORD Style!

martyo

Established Member
Okay, so the dates and venues for Hot Rod Power Tour 2013 have been announced. :banana:

They are as follows:

Saturday June 1: Arlington, TX

Sunday June 2: Texarkana, AR

Monday June 3: Little Rock, AR

Tuesday June 4: Memphis, TN

Wednesday June 5: Birmingham (Hoover), AL

Thursday June 6: Chattanooga, TN

Friday June 7: Charlotte, NC

You can read more: 2013 Power Tour Dates and Cities Announced - HOT ROD Magazine

I plan on attending this one for sure since it is so close to us here in the South. I will probably join the Tour in Memphis and follow at least to Chattanhooga, if not all the way through to the end in Charlotte.

Of course going on the Tour means that we will need another Wagon to rock. :worship:

So our best candidate is the '65 Falcon Wagon that I already have.

Falcon%20Wagon.JPG

I also bought this Fox Body GT, which I am going to use as a donor car.

photo_1.JPG

photo_2.JPG

The plan is to take the 5.0 motor, AOD trans, rear end, and processor from the Fox Body and transplant it into the Falcon. Of course we will keep the AC on the Falcon and it already has a pretty decent stereo.

martyo

Established Member
Well, the build of the HRPT2013 MO Speed Wagon has begun!!

This poor unsuspecting girl sitting in the driveway:

photo_1-44791159.JPG

We started by unbolting this date coded '65 motor and C4 trans out of her:

photo_2-945619682.JPG

photo_1-2137375493.JPG

The motor and trans are for sale for $500 if anyone is interested. They both run great.

And we were left with this hole to fill......

photo_2-1060286939.JPG

Next we rolled in the '89 GT so that she could give up her heart and soul so that the Wagon could continue to rock on!

photo_1-445978801.JPG

And Brandon, Jeff and I hauled the 5.0 out of the donor car:

photo_3-120622248.JPG

photo_4.JPG

photo_3.JPG

Now, here is where we got lucky, the 5.0 turns out to be a low mileage reman'd motor done right here in the good ol' U.S. of A.!!!

photo_5.JPG

Even the plugs on the block were still sparkling!

photo_2-1101940084.JPG

So, we are on a roll! We have headers on the way and next week we will start prettying up the motor and getting it ready to be set into the Wagon. I also need to drop the tank to fix the fuel sender.

Is it June 2013 yet????????

martyo

Established Member
So yesterday we tore down the motor and resealed it and freshened it up and made it look pretty:

Falcon%20-%201.JPG

Falcon%20-%2011.JPG

Falcon.JPG

Then we set the motor in the car:

Falcon%20-%203.JPG

The motor looks right at home in the car and this is how it looked when the day ended:

Falcon%20-%2013.JPG

Last night I ordered the next round of parts (fuel tank sender, fuel pump, filters, trans filter, etc.). And we will be back on it next week.

Our next big step will be getting these two guys to be friends with each other: :D

Falcon%20-%2014.JPG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That Power Tour route looks great. That Falcon build should build new life into it and make for a great Tour car. Keep us posted. :)

mustang addict

Established Member
I'll be joining this year again. Not sure which car this time as the Lincoln project won't be finished. Did it last year in the Syclone and it was a blast!

martyo

Established Member
I'll be joining this year again. Not sure which car this time as the Lincoln project won't be finished. Did it last year in the Syclone and it was a blast!

Keep us posted.

We have another '41 Ford pick up truck with a 4.6 we are trying to get together for the Tour as well.

I expect that about 6 cars or so from our shop will be going with about a dozen guys and gals.

martyo

Established Member
Awesome swap!

I really want to put fuel injection on my 69 Mustang. I hate carbs! haha

PM me if you have any questions. We have done a bunch of Ford platform cars this was and they run and drive great. The hardest part is finding a decent donor car for decent money because the Fox body stuff is getting pricey! :nonono:

martyo

Established Member
Mine has a 351W in it now.

Doesn't Ford sell the harness and other stuff for the conversion? Is using a donor car just the best/easiest way to do it?

Painless makes a harness but you still need a processor, etc.

Our route of using the donor car saves us chasing parts here, there and everywhere! :rockon:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Yep as Kat said doing it in the wagon most likely. Already booked all the hotels!

Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread