(How about this) 04 Mystichrome

04Mach1Stang

Established Member
Was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas on what might have been done mod wise by this picture. It looks to me like a pulley swap, different intake. Is that the stock throttle body? Also would it happen to be anyone from this forums old car, it is located in Illinois. I know just by this one pic it might be kind of difficult. It has 14500 miles, convertible asking 27950. Sound alright,or they asking way to much? Im thinking about trading cars, and came across this one. Thanks!

elftr.jpg

Edit: Sorry attached a bigger pic below!

Last edited:

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
27,950 sounds a bit high.. Looks pretty stock, except for cai, and billet pulleys.. I personally wouldn't pay more then 22-23 for it, but I'm a cheapskate!

SVT Pille

Established Member
All I can see is an upper pulley, Billetflow idlers and a C&L rai. Thats the stock throttle body too. Feel free to give me those coil covers if you don't want 'em lol.

Last edited:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Try to talk him down some. I'd prolly do 25 tops since its a low mileage mystic. That is a stick TB. BF pulleys and CAI

Danderson

Established Member
payed 23,000 for a coupe with 23k miles 6 months ago (ported blower pulley tune full exhaust shifter). if u really want a low mileage mc i wouldn't pay over 23 for it especially if u wanna mod it

ray77

roll tide roll
Established Member
not tryin to steal a sell but i might have a very similar car for about 6k less for sale.....

search!

cobracide

Established Member
Tell him you will take it for $22k, stand your ground at $25k. It's a buyers market, even for a nice MC Terminator. Not a bad idea to get a leakdown test first for the hell of it.

04Mach1Stang

Established Member
I was offered between 16 and 17k for my Mach. I will see if I can get below 25000. If not you would say no more then 25?

04Mach1Stang

Established Member
Tell him you will take it for $22k, stand your ground at $25k. It's a buyers market, even for a nice MC Terminator. Not a bad idea to get a leakdown test first for the hell of it.

If I do decide to purchase I will make sure they perform a leakdown test. The car also looks to have a Cobra branded heat exchanger. Should this be anything I should be leary of? Im not all that familiar with all these extras. Or is it just basically for a larger cooling capacity? Or would it be an indication the car has had extended high boost situations? Thanks for any and all help. Like I said Im not all that familiar with the mods.

xx7ny.jpg

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
COBRA branded HE merely a stencil. Could be an LFP dual pass, stocker or other aftermarket with a stencil. It has a pulley and idlers, so has an aftermarket tune and had some runs. Is the tuner being offered as well? The leakdown and a good inspection/test drive should tell you what you need to know. Bring along a mechanically inclined car friend if you are unsure of what to look for.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I would be looking to get about that for my 6k mile MC if I were to put it up for sale.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You only have 6K miles on your Cobra? I knew it was low mileage but never guessed it was that low. Yeah, you'd get good money for it. For sure. :)

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You only have 6K miles on your Cobra? I knew it was low mileage but never guessed it was that low. Yeah, you'd get good money for it. For sure. :)
. Yeah. It only had 2500 when I bought it and it sat for eleven months a year while I was in Iraq.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I would not pay over 23500 for that car. There are 2k mystics around....
. There are not "2k mystics around". They only made 1010 of them and a fair number have been wrecked. I would bet ther are probably less than 800 still on the road, if that

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
You're right I read the wrong production numbers. I would still only pay 23,500 the way the market is right now, low mileage or not. JMO.

. There are not "2k mystics around". They only made 1010 of them and a fair number have been wrecked. I would bet ther are probably less than 800 still on the road, if that

ChiefP

03 Vert
Established Member
MCs, in great shape, are worth some coin, period. Lots of guys think they can find one for cheap and I'm sure there's a good deal to be had if your in the right place at the right time. Don't put a lot of stock into guys that always say, "I wouldn't give more than...blah blah blah" Thats why they don't have one! lol. I looked for 6 months before I got mine. (Drew, thanks again buddy, awesome car!) If it's in great shape, I say pull the trigger if you can get it for close to what you're thinking. Who cares if you spend a little more for something you want? In the end, it's what it's worth to you. People stop and stare everytime I drive that car...that never gets old.

Users who are viewing this thread