How do I make use of the factory 2-step?

AMD[H]unter

Banned
I heard somewhere on here that a fellow was using the factory 2-step on our cars. Does anyone know how to use/tune it? Can I do it with my Diablo, or will i have to have a XCal2 or 3?

Thanks!

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Everyone says it has to be tuned in

AMD[H]unter

Banned
LOL, well, I guess that a POS is better than none? If it's just like a rev limiter at XXXXRPM, it would work for me.

MVD

Established Member
For the SCT software yes your tuner has to turn it on in your program then you can adjust it to whatever rpm you want. It performs similarly to a neutral rev limiter. Once the computer sees anything over like 1mph the 2 step is turned off.....so basically as soon as you let off the clutch pedal it will shut off.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
I am up for this to but one thing you have to remember is the temp and road condations make a differance on how you should launch your car. If your using it on the street it could hurt but could help. Its kinda a toss up i think. If you could adjust it with your tuner whenever you want then I say its great but if you cant that sucks.

gt347mustang

Established Member
I have a 2 step in my evo and it makes launching so much easier!

It came with a 2step from the factory, but it was set above the rev limiter making it useless. so in order to use it you had to set it at an rpm below the the factory rev limiter via ecuflash.

AMD[H]unter

Banned
I am up for this to but one thing you have to remember is the temp and road condations make a differance on how you should launch your car. If your using it on the street it could hurt but could help. Its kinda a toss up i think. If you could adjust it with your tuner whenever you want then I say its great but if you cant that sucks.

That's why I am trying to see if it can be done from a Preditor, or a XCal2or3. I know in the Pred there's a setting for RPM Limit in Drive, and RPM limit in Neutral...I dunno if I could use either one.

exdeath

Established Member
Last I looked into it, there was talk that enabling it with a hand held flasher was bugged because it was linked with the red line limiter in some way. Such that if you lowered the staging limiter it brought the red line limiter with it, and that had to be fixed with a custom tune that had access to more parameters than the flasher allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread