How do I make use of the factory 2-step?

AMD[H]unter

Banned
Last I looked into it, there was talk that enabling it with a hand held flasher was bugged because it was linked with the red line limiter in some way. Such that if you lowered the staging limiter it brought the red line limiter with it, and that had to be fixed with a custom tune that had access to more parameters than the flasher allowed?

That's what I had found too....but we need some definite answers.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
AMD[H]unter;5991332 said:
That's why I am trying to see if it can be done from a Preditor, or a XCal2or3. I know in the Pred there's a setting for RPM Limit in Drive, and RPM limit in Neutral...I dunno if I could use either one.

My sct is like that. Its usless. If you set the rev limit to 3k say to launch thats all you get. Nothing more. The motor will not rev past 3k.

wlg101190

Established Member
^ Yeah that's how my XCal3 does, I get one quick launch out of it before it hits the limiter I set it at. But, it is a fun experiance with what you get! I want a real 2-step :nonono:.

RussZTT

Established Member
I have the Livewire in my car but SCT's forums are closed for now and can't learn anything about it. :fm:

Tims97SVT

Established Member
how does a 2 step work exactly? I mean i get that you give the car gas and it only goes to a certin rpm. But what about after your moving, how is the computer supposed to know that it can go past that rpm?

MVD

Established Member
how does a 2 step work exactly? I mean i get that you give the car gas and it only goes to a certin rpm. But what about after your moving, how is the computer supposed to know that it can go past that rpm?

Read post #6.......

For the SCT software yes your tuner has to turn it on in your program then you can adjust it to whatever rpm you want. It performs similarly to a neutral rev limiter. Once the computer sees anything over like 1mph the 2 step is turned off.....so basically as soon as you let off the clutch pedal it will shut off.

Based on the vehicle speed sensor.

Shinigami

Established Member
It LITERALY is a neutral rev limiter, and it disables at .5mph.

You need your tuner to put the 2step ability in your tune, im not sure if the fllasher will let you change your RPM though.

I have mine at 3k, but I have the full SCT Pro Racers Package....so I can do almost every damn thing i want lol.

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
I have the 2 step set up on my car. If you try to set it yourself with the user enabled capability, like some have already stated your driving rpm limiter will be reduced to whatever you set the neutral limiter at. Your tuner has to go in and set the neutral and driving limiter in your tune.

The advantage of a 2 step is not only the ability to just go to the floor with the throttle, it gives you the ability to leave the line on boost. Mine is set at 3k, and leaving on the 2 step my car see's around 10#'s.

Shinigami - Im not sure of your tuning history or knowledge, but how user friendly would you say the PRP is for a learning(noob) tuner? I'm ordering it tomorrow, and was wondering if its something that can be learned with a little know-how or if its extremely complex. Also, if you're using a wideband, which one and your thoughts on it? Don't mean to hi-jack the thread.

Jay

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I used this feature on my 2002 GT before I got my Cobra. I used SCT software and programed the 2-step at my desired RMP. It worked great for me on my GT and I will use it again on the Cobra. It made launching the car consistant.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
AMD[H]unter;5991373 said:
You for sure could use the hell out of a 2-step! I need some new ET Streets to try it on...can you say launch at 4500RPM?!?! :banana:

POP goes the half-shafts! :rockon:

No you'll be fine I leave as high as the track will hold. With track prep well I leave at 5300 rpm in my 03 on ET Streets. 100% stock IRS.

ViciousJay

Established Member
AMD[H]unter;5991373 said:
You for sure could use the hell out of a 2-step! I need some new ET Streets to try it on...can you say launch at 4500RPM?!?! :banana:

POP goes the half-shafts! :rockon:

i did on MT DR's with zero issues... actually i did 20 passes that way

Users who are viewing this thread