How do these kids afford it?

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Fast and civic in the same sentence? That's funny.

How about fast "for a" Civic. It's got an Integra Type-R motor and tranny in it but by no means is in the same league as ours. He is quite aware of this and humble. He knows a 4-banger isn't the end all street beast like all the other ricers out there. He doesn't even have Type-R badges or any stickers on it. Just the red "H" on the decklid.:coolman:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Dpres1
How about fast "for a" Civic. It's got an Integra Type-R motor and tranny in it but by no means is in the same league as ours. He is quite aware of this and humble. He knows a 4-banger isn't the end all street beast like all the other ricers out there. He doesn't even have Type-R badges or any stickers on it. Just the red "H" on the decklid.:coolman:
haha! That's a little better, I guess. My Wife has a civic and it's slow as hell. It gets good gas mileage, but my underwear can do 0-60 quicker.;-)

Where is that pic? Down on San Mateo Ave?

Last edited:

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
I heard that! before he dropped in the R, he had a 1.6 w/ an auto trans. The shop car (a 2.5 Contour) would kill that thing. W/ the new motor and mods he can easily beat a stock or lightly modded 5 liter mustang (which is pretty good for a Civic)

The pic is in front of Prime Auto Detail on Mission Street in Colma

Last edited:

bouncer18

Established Member
hmm you sure red gives ya a ticket?

i raced my girl in her red lighting (mine is a blue one btw) and she got away cause she had tits and i gost busted cause the cop was horney after he let her go

:eek:(

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The secret is usually they work to afford their cars and someone else(usuaully parents) pay all the bills associated with the cost of them being alive(place to live, food, medical insurance, etc.)

Or someone just bought them the car.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Yeah I pay for school, clothes, car, all my f'n medical bills which in ky is about to put me in bankrupcy ! I really have no clue how these guys do it.. I save and save. And make around 25 - 30 g's a year for 21 and going to school don't see being too bad. Of course I have to pay for every thing plus some.. :(

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
That is good money for a 21 year old in school. You sound quite responsible and that will pay off in the long run. Yes it sucks for now, but down the road you will be sitting pretty.

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
I pay for my medical/dental, car down payment/insurance/monthly payments etc.
I do not however, pay for rent and food. I also have Xbox, Ps2, Gamecube ,and HDTV (paid for by yours truly). The whole rent and food thing helps out a lot though. I wouldn't have squat if it weren't for my dear old dad putting a roof over my head.

Mojo03

Established Member
Maybe Honda and "fast and furious" can go in the same sentence, but Cobra owners never needed, nor will we ever need one, a movie to be cool. We already were...

As far as the Honda being fast, that's like a teenager poking me in the arm over and over and over saying, "Hey, I'm faster than you." Sure, it may be true, but it's damn sure annoying.

As for young guys (and girls) owning expensive cars...Let's hope they were properly raised to appreciate the cushier life they've been given and that they demonstrate maturity when expressing themselves both verbally and on the road. Some are given treats and some earn them...

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Those are nice rides; congrats. :)

If you aren't doing so already be sure to put $$$ in the bank as well as $$$ in the ride. Only reason I say that is b/c I'm in the same boat as Ripper. Paying for college, working 40+ hours a week, paying rent/insurance/all bills/etc. You'll want to make sure you have cash saved when it comes time to head out on your own. :beer:

Again, nice rides...and I like white Lightnings...heck, I like all Lightnings...lol :thumbsup: .

Users who are viewing this thread