How do you feel about the mach1registry forum

scotmach

Established Member
As for those "cobra jet" loving guys, they are the older crew reliving their youth of the 70s. I myself can't am not a fan of the cobra jet emblem on the shaker, it's kinda tacky IMO.

You are totally clueless Todd, I picked up 12 rwhp and 10 rwtq with the addition of Cobra Jet emblems. Yes it was on different days and different dynos but still.:-D

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You are totally clueless Todd, I picked up 12 rwhp and 10 rwtq with the addition of Cobra Jet emblems. Yes it was on different days and different dynos but still.:-D

I think those shaker spacers add a few hp also.

How do you like the uh, lower hp mustang you're now driving? I was contemplating getting one but in the end was too tight assed to let go of the cash.

scotmach

Established Member
I think those shaker spacers add a few hp also.

How do you like the uh, lower hp mustang you're now driving? I was contemplating getting one but in the end was too tight assed to let go of the cash.

Much easier to hook LOL.

And it has Sync and satellite radio!:banana:

smitty2919

Established Member
I have to aree with this.

There's less tech and quite often, incorrect tech advice offered here and that's due the members being much younger and less experienced. The tech side of M1R has great info but there are some people who often reply with the "have you done a search"? My opinion of that is if all people searched there would never be any questions asked.

If you want the entertainment of "road kills" and forums like the Lounge, SVTP is great. If you want hard core tech from guys that have been there, go to M1R. BTW, the old farts don't hang out in the "GO Discussions" threads.

As for those "cobra jet" loving guys, they are the older crew reliving their youth of the 70s. I myself can't am not a fan of the cobra jet emblem on the shaker, it's kinda tacky IMO.

I'll comment on this since I bought a Mach 1 with a cobra jet emblem on it...but took it off...it's no more tacky than GT guys putting cobra bumpers on...

In my eyes, a cobra bumber is THE defining feature of a cobra coming at you. The hoods can be mistaken as a V6.

When I had the Mach...I was always on there. I have since sold it and went to the GTO. I do linger sometimes to see what's going on. I haven't visited in a good while, but I have a feeling I haven't missed much.

I only come to SVT for the pics/video section for entertainment. Otherwise I'm on 3 other GTO forums.

YellowMenace

Established Member
I used to go there a lot. About 4-6 weeks ago I suddenly couldn't post and couldn't see the 1/4 mile forum. At first I thought it was a mistake, but I've sent 6 emails and can't get it fixed. I guess I've been pseudo-banned. Not sure why. I really hadn't posted much there in the last year.

At this point I think it must have been intentional, but requests to know why have gone unanswered.

4a7191a

Established Member
my car came with cobrajet emblems on the shaker when i bought it. i think theyre super glued on or something. it isnt double sided tape on there :(

selbyvince

Established Member
i agree with most, its a good forum, but it lacks some of the things that would make people be involved more frequently. and like stated above, that "quick reply" is aggrivating. and when selling, 5 pics max per post, blah blah we all know how it is. point is, there is good and bad things about the site, but im glad its there. but svtp... i get on here for everything, because there is a mix of everything here. i really like the lay out of this forum over any other one i get on, and im on A LOT! i really only use M1R for the for sale section. lol :shrug:

Last edited:

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I think it has some great members but a prick for an owner. That cat is wound as tight as dicks hatband! Complete ass-hat!
That coon-ass moderator is his love toy!
So if you see this Dave....eat a dick!

Favorite member is LookNGo. Dude is a stand up guy.

Thanks man! Really pathetic daily post count over there at M1R. LOL. They just cant handle the truth over there.

watman02

Established Member
SVTP = entertainment, wives/gf's thread, pics of rides, race stories
M1R = quality tech info by experienced Mach 1 gurus

Im a member of both and post alot on both

i would agree with this 100% but would add that this has a better tuner section for those of u who do it your self

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I used to go there a lot. I got tons of good info from there. They only reason I go there now is to check the newbie thread to see if someone pops up with my oid mach.

Palmer

Established Member
Like everyone has said it's good for tech questions/answers, but other than that its a pretty boring site and the people aren't that great. I prefer svtperformance over any other mustang site.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Haven't been active there in years.

Just glance every once in a while to look at the Forced induction section.

4v_mach1

Established Member
svtP is a much better place... best mustang forum around. m1R has a few crazy people that know their bolts head to toe on these engines, but I get a more kick out of this site.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
M1R is much better form teh technical and racing perspective while SVTP is much better when it comes to the "what wheels look best on my Mach" type of questions.

BMR Tech

It's a solid forum. It would be more solid if a few members that were banned, were un-banned.

Users who are viewing this thread