How do you feel about the mach1registry forum

4valvemach

Established Member
Just like the title ask

I signed up to svtperformance the same time as the mach1 forum (2008) and have a little over 100 post on that site.I dont even own or plan on getting a SVT car but get on here everyday:shrug:The Mach forum is sooo slow its like I turn 70yrs old going on it.

No real road side pub
No pics and vids
No road kill
few if any post per day
Very few people mod the machs
just after doing this post I checked 969 active users on a tuesday night vs 59 on mach site same time

Its like SVTperformance has a flavor for everything from regular fox bodys to the great 03/04 cobra,funny pics and vids,off the wall post,smack talk etc etc.

For any Moderators that read this keep up the good work:rockon:

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
theres probably as much or more tech info for them than anywhere but it definitely has issues...

1) its been moderated to death and over run with search Nazis
2) lots of old farts that think mods, outside of crap like "cobrajet" emblems on the shaker, are blasphemy
3) not much interest in this car anymore really...with used terminators coming down in price lots of people have jumped ship

4valvemach

Established Member
I never got all the "search nazis" whats the point of a forum if you have to search everything.

Just ask a question and someone answer it who cares if the same question was asked 3yrs ago:shrug:

What I hate the most is the no road kill section

sarim17

Established Member
its a really good tech forum.... alot of the guys on there know a great deal about these cars and are generally knowledgable people..... but they have no road kill section. anything related to non sanctioned racing is immediately removed.

youll find alot of the knowledgable guys are on this forum as well..... many frequent both.

clc44

Established Member
I never got all the "search nazis" whats the point of a forum if you have to search everything.

Just ask a question and someone answer it who cares if the same question was asked 3yrs ago:shrug:

What I hate the most is the no road kill section

I agree! I hate when a question is asked and the first reply is "try the search button", it just pushes people away. There are some very helpful people over there though.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
It used to be a happenin' bumpin' place.

they ran too many daily poster members off by trying to "Save it"

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I understand the search people to some degree as a lot of the stuff has been beaten absolutely to death and its not stuff thats gonna change over time but other times its ridiculous.

biggest problem, imho, is that nothing that could be even remotely construed as offensive to somebody or the slightest bit controversial can be posted because some old fart goes and cries to the mods so theres not much room for random conversation.

smitty2919

Established Member
Like said above, it's a different generation of mustang owners. A lot of them are original owner guys who looove the car for what it is. And don't care to mod it. But there are also some people who mod the crap out of it.

It is a more "mature" crowd I would say. And it does have some good info on there. I break down the following forums I'm on:

M1R-mature, low key, older generation with some mod-crazy people. Most would rather own a 5k mi Mach 1 in pristine FACTORY condition than drive the damn car and enjoy it.
mustangforums.com-the same noob questions about exhaust yadda yadda full of younger crowd as low as 16 wanting a badass sounding GT because they think it's the baddest thing in their area.
corral-don't post much but some cool projects/info on there and a good place to look for parts
SVTP-seems on average 20+ yr olds who KNOW what a mustang can do and is realistic about it. some d!cks but also some low key people. overall interesting site with a variety of stuff to do.

20redfire03

Established Member
I used to frequent M1R when I had the my Mach 1 and when I first got my Cobra but I may look at the site once every few weeks now. This site moves much faster and has more things to spark my interest in things then just cars. But while I was on the site if an issue came up I was able to find a solution.

buckinwild

Established Member
Could be better or worse but nice to have it available. All things considered I'm glad I don't have to rely solely on the mach1 forum here at svt.

NastyNate420

Established Member
M1R is dedicated to Mach1's or course there are more post and people on SVT! ....Besides it hard to weed out the real info and the trollers on here. Dont get me wrong theres tons on info on here but there are also alot of trollers with rice mobiles trying to stir the pot. M1R is more Mach specific but has plenty of info in a smaller place!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
theres probably as much or more tech info for them than anywhere but it definitely has issues...

1) its been moderated to death and over run with search Nazis
2) lots of old farts that think mods, outside of crap like "cobrajet" emblems on the shaker, are blasphemy
3) not much interest in this car anymore really...with used terminators coming down in price lots of people have jumped ship

Are mach 1's coming down in price? I would love for my Dad to pick one up

Monster Mach

Established Member
i am a member of both... kinda stopped going to m1r as its dead... once m1m got banned the place sucked..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i am a member of both... kinda stopped going to m1r as its dead... once m1m got banned the place sucked..

eh, the guy could be just as much of an ass as he could be helpful though...I could see him being borderline to getting banned on quite a few forums, not just M1R

As mentioned its a great place to do some tech research and buy/sell but its sad to see the rest of it fall so far off

Mach828

Established Member
If I want tech info, I go to the M1R. If I want to look at pics of members girlfriends half naked, racing vids, and some entertainment I come to SVTP.

Its hard to get good tech advice on SVTP because there are a lot of ignorant Mustang owners on SVTP. I see some really stupid stuff on here and its hard to keep track of who knows there stuff and who doesn't. You've got a lot of ricers and Chevy guys giving people tech advice on a Mustang here.

mach1child

Established Member
I think it's a great forum to be a part of, it's one of my things i have to check every morning lol. Like everyone else said, mach 1 registry is a really good tech forum..A LOT of smart people that know about these cars. I like the forum so much..i got a registry sticker for my window! :)

Users who are viewing this thread