How do you feel about the mach1registry forum

dtmach1

Established Member
Say what you will about the REG, but it's geared towards a specific car built between 03-04, how big do you expect it to be?

There's a lot of Tech over there coupled with some BSing as well. Just remember, the Site Admin has a set of rules that we try to follow. Different strokes for different folks. SVTP has a lot of good info on it as well and I use the tech here for various things.

Anyone who's been on mustang related forums for any amount of time soon learns that there isn't one site to fulfill all your needs. M1R has its place in the corner of the Mustang world and is one of about 3 or 4 that I frequent.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Its like SVTperformance has a flavor for everything from regular fox bodys to the great 03/04 cobra,funny pics and vids,off the wall post,smack talk etc etc.

For any Moderators that read this keep up the good work:rockon:

Thanks, we appreciate it.:beer:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I think the M1R has alot of great tech and information on it's site but yes it is run by an older crowd and it's a pretty slow site. I do enjoy going on there from time to time.

scotmach

Established Member
For tech there is no comparison, the registry is leaps and bounds better. Lots of members including myself have moved on to new projects.

MachsFastr

Established Member
I think it has some great members but a prick for an owner. That cat is wound as tight as dicks hatband! Complete ass-hat!
That coon-ass moderator is his love toy!
So if you see this Dave....eat a dick!

Favorite member is LookNGo. Dude is a stand up guy.

Last edited:

bakerjd

Established Member
I think it has some great members but a prick for an owner. That cat is wound as tight as dicks hatband! Complete ass-hat!
That coon-ass moderator is his love toy!
So if you see this Dave....eat a dick!

Favorite member is LookNGo. Dude is a stand up guy.

This is the read I'm getting (not that I share the level of distaste that MachsFastr does at all). First post was asking about locating an original window sticker and first thing I hear is, "use the search feature" from the owner. I mean really, of course I searched it but found no "concrete" answer and was looking for a last ditch effort to find one and get a response like that? Also it's kind of annoying to have to click 'quick reply' in order to type in the post field and no pictures is dumb. I know I'm pretty new here and I hope this doesn't rub anyone the wrong way but I really prefer SVT's layout and demeanor to M1R's so far.

Last edited:

semperfimrn1

Established Member
i am a member for both as well and was also a member of a local forum LSS for the longest

but now this is the only forum based on mustangs that i get on religiously.

ill graze the for sale threads on M1R but that is about it.

i dont even get on my local forum anymore at all. not the same it used to be.

SVTP FTW!!! no doubt about it. love everything about this forum

4a7191a

Established Member
i like both sites, i spend more time here though. i do try to help out with questions on M1R quite often as well as here and in the lightning section. when i argued with wildbill over there nobody had my back and was quick to join him, kinda like smack down over here. it was one on everyone.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
i like both sites, i spend more time here though. i do try to help out with questions on M1R quite often as well as here and in the lightning section. when i argued with wildbill over there nobody had my back and was quick to join him, kinda like smack down over here. it was one on everyone.

whats sad is i kinda miss that old turds comments on m1r though. lol

Quit being a tittybaby. :D

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
On Tapatalk I frequent SVTP more solely for the roadkill section. The first and only time I Tried to post my kill on M1R(just registered) I was immediately told there was none of that going on here. I barely have like 300 posts there but over a 1000 here. Like most said it's more here that Sparks people interest. M1R is a great site for sure for tech but not just to lounge around the site like here.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

Mach828

Established Member
SVTP = entertainment, wives/gf's thread, pics of rides, race stories
M1R = quality tech info by experienced Mach 1 gurus

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
SVTP = entertainment, wives/gf's thread, pics of rides, race stories
M1R = quality tech info by experienced Mach 1 gurus

I have to aree with this.

There's less tech and quite often, incorrect tech advice offered here and that's due the members being much younger and less experienced. The tech side of M1R has great info but there are some people who often reply with the "have you done a search"? My opinion of that is if all people searched there would never be any questions asked.

If you want the entertainment of "road kills" and forums like the Lounge, SVTP is great. If you want hard core tech from guys that have been there, go to M1R. BTW, the old farts don't hang out in the "GO Discussions" threads.

As for those "cobra jet" loving guys, they are the older crew reliving their youth of the 70s. I myself can't am not a fan of the cobra jet emblem on the shaker, it's kinda tacky IMO.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
...and no pictures is dumb.

you can post pics on M1R. What I do like about M1R is they don't allow pics in sigs, some of the sigs here are way to big. I could care less if you've owned and sold 5 mustangs or if your Mach has a shorty antenna.

when i argued with wildbill over there nobody had my back and was quick to join him, kinda like smack down over here. it was one on everyone.

WildBill would PM others and have them gang up on you. I had three members PM me to apologize after he screwed them over. He's a dick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread