How hard do you drive..

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, did you order the GT500 sight unseen? Unless I'm completely oblivious to the recent Ford stuff, I haven't seen any release of the new mustangs design??

But more on topic, I would say like a 4 or 5 for my car...I just get the feeling that its too slow to beat on sometimes so I just drive it and have a little fun here and there. Wish I had the money for performance upgrades

The 2014 GT500 is the same as the current 2013.

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
When im Daily driving probably 5/10 but when im having fun or at the track its full throttle pedal to the metal 10/10

yeah buddy :beer:

On a scale of one to 10, about a 6 give or take. ;-)

2000 Cobra R new engine break-in - YouTube

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

LOL sweet jesus that was awesome and what tires were you running cause they wouldn't grab for crap. BTW that is now one of my favorite videos. Thank you. :rockon:

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I let the oil get to temp before I go beyond anything more than light throttle. It takes oil about 2-3X longer to warm up than your engine. People rarely do this, but it's very important to get to around 150 degrees.

Compared to how I drove when I was 16-24 I feel like I'm a conservative driver. But I usually get to red line a few times every time I drive somewhere. If I have my dad in the car that's when I notice how far I deviate from what is normal.

One day I'll have a company car and that will be interesting. I can see myself when I'm 35 being questioned about why I'm the only one who wears out tires and brakes every 20,000 miles.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
When I am racing 9.5/10

When I am just cruising 3/10

ssssnake

Established Member
I drive my car hard. I love hearing my car when I shift, and I love the power. My son says I always drive "balls to the wall." That's going to come to an end for a while though. Two tickets in the past 3 months are going to slow me down a bit.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Shit, probably a 2 or 3... Guess I'm getting old. I don't mind just cruising around in it either.

Its not like I don't get on it, but its pretty rare. I've ran a few cars on the street, but nothing outrageous. That, and no one ever wants to run me.

Maybe its the age, or afraid of getting tickets. And I don't track the car either.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Before it blew, I drove the piss out of my Cobra! But I didn't buy it for gas mileage or the sound it makes below 2k.

When I get it back it probably won't see much miles and what it does see won't be hard. I'm gonna baby that thing an have a nice car for the occasion.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
When I had my '07 ZX6R, I rode that thing hard and fast at every opportunity. My '03 Cobra, I babied. My '97 blown Cobra I drove like I had a death wish just because it took so much work to get it running right. My '94 Lightning I drove like it was just a truck. My '01 Z06, I babied just because it was the nicest car I've ever owned. But the freeway on-ramp might as well have had a "Christmas tree". I lit that sucker up hitting I-75. The '01 E55 gets driven like granny, but same as the Vette, if I see an on-ramp I'm gonna have fun.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
I beat on my car 2-3 times a week. I love listening to the car whine and my exhaust roar. Nothing like watching the faces of people as you blow past and they wonder wtf was that sound lol

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I own my mustang specifically to get on it, I've got dailies to putt around town in. So my car probably gets a pull done every time I drive it, however I only drive it at most 3 times a week, and that's just if I feel like driving it all weekend typically it's less than that. It's been parked since October for winter and damn do I miss it lol

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
i usually drive mine moderately. grandma style just doesnt suit the car, as previously mentioned...but at the same time, i dont wanna overstress anything, i prefer to spend my money on upgrades, not repairs! so overall, a 5-6, with occasional fun at an 8-9 :)

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I was taught at a young age that there's a time and a place for everything. When I am driving around, I drive my Lightning & Mustang just like I drive the Explorer. I set the cruise at 4-5 mph over on highways, and I putt around on the back roads just chillin'. My friends actually joke at me for driving like a papaw.

I go to the track and Mexico enough to get my money's worth out of my rides.

11dsgGT

Established Member
I take my car to the track every week, so 10/10.
Daily driving 4/10 because I have to tote around my daughter and never redline it.

trxcobra

Established Member
I used to drive mine pretty hard, probably about an 8. This was mainly due to the fact that I got the car when I was 16 and didn't have a care in the world haha. However, 5 years and one blown motor down the road I would say I've toned down to about a 3. I still enjoy to step on it occasionally, but you never see me bangin gears or launching it

Blackness03

Established Member
not all that hard. i've got to where i just like to cruise in my built fox. i may get on it hard once every time i drive it. In the GT, hardly at all because its slow as shit

S8ER01Z

Established Member
11... I'm not even sure how this POS holds together to be honest. The only days it doesn't see 6500rpm repeatedly is when I don't drive it.

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I drive the piss out of both the Lightning and Z06. The L is my DD but I've still put 10k miles on the Z since I bought it last April. I miss the blower whine of my previous Cobras but there is nothing like a 427 at full song. I'm trying to make up for all the old farts and their garage queens!

Users who are viewing this thread