How hard do you drive..

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
With my past cars, I've driven them moderately hard and raced quite abit. I've got an OCD about keeping my cars clean and since I've bought my 12 GT I've found myself babying it quite abit just enjoying having a new car again since it's not all that fast...yet, but that's about to change. I still don't see myself beating the crap out of it at every opportunity. I must be getting old. :dw:

So, on a scale of 1-10, how hard do you drive your car?

Are you the type to just cruise?

Just race on occasion?

Or are you the type to redline it everytime you drive it and beat the snot out of it?

Discuss.

musclefan21

Established Member
6 out of 10

I used to drive my previous cobra and other mustangs hard, but not carelessly. I raced them a lot. I think my cars saw 6k rpm on a daily basis. But I have had my current cobra for 1, 5 years and I have only went down to track for probably 6-7 times and no street playing. Here and there I do one or two gears pull to put a smile on my face. basically I have been very easy on my cobra and been driving like a grandpa.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
8/10 I am not saving my cars for the next person. When I get the GT500, I plan on putting as much mileage on it as possible!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I drive Molly's 95 pretty hard most time I drive it. It's so slow that it looks like I'm driving it normally.

KurtDog

Established Member
When conditions allow I rape my car. When there is traffic, I drive like a grandma.

Living in socal, it's 90% grandma style.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Most of my real hard driving is done at the track. Its moderate on the street, though empty on ramps are a blast. Cruising is nice at times too.

I will agree with a previous post (01cobravortech) the car does seem out of its element when just driving slow.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I think what I'm finding out is that this new 5.0 is so much nicer than my previous cars, it's so much more refined that since it doesn't feel like a hot rod, I'm not driving it like one. This thing feels closer to a Caddy than it does a Stang.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I used to spank some ass the first year I had her but not so much now. She just sits in the garage now.

Riptide

Established Member
Probably a 3/10. I've been to the race track a couple times and I do some pulls around town on occasion. Say a couple on every tank of gas. That's it though. No street racing either.

If I weren't on the stock engine and clutch I might be more of a 6/10. lol

Last edited:

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
When im Daily driving probably 5/10 but when im having fun or at the track its full throttle pedal to the metal 10/10

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
8/10 I am not saving my cars for the next person. When I get the GT500, I plan on putting as much mileage on it as possible!

Just out of curiosity, did you order the GT500 sight unseen? Unless I'm completely oblivious to the recent Ford stuff, I haven't seen any release of the new mustangs design??

But more on topic, I would say like a 4 or 5 for my car...I just get the feeling that its too slow to beat on sometimes so I just drive it and have a little fun here and there. Wish I had the money for performance upgrades

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, did you order the GT500 sight unseen? Unless I'm completely oblivious to the recent Ford stuff, I haven't seen any release of the new mustangs design??

But more on topic, I would say like a 4 or 5 for my car...I just get the feeling that its too slow to beat on sometimes so I just drive it and have a little fun here and there. Wish I had the money for performance upgrades

My friend, your car might be a weezy, slow 2v car, but it definetely a sexy looking car. Clean, simple, great stance and the Saleens fit that bodystyle perfectly. You can always fix the power issue! :rockon:

my95z28

Established Member
Used to beat the snot out of my fun cars, saw redline every time I drove. Took a few years butr I finally learned that driving like that costs money, in replacement parts AND tickets lol. Still do WOT pulls but much less frequently. Probably 4/10

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
My LS.. About a 2/10

My Cobra.. Probably 6/10.

It never gets raced, or launched, but I lay into it pretty hard on the very rare occasions that I drive it, which is well under 1000 miles a year

Users who are viewing this thread