How hard do you drive..

coposrv

Established Member
My powerstroke is driven like a grandma, 2. I like keeping the mileage decent. I rarely drive the mustang but when I do it's usually an 8. Then it gets parked for a few weeks.

Coiled03

Established Member
In general.....not as hard as I should, probably. I pretty much baby the Cobra, unless somebody pisses me off and I just want to get around them, or the occasional on-ramp blast. I'd say maybe a 4 out of 10.

Motorcycles? Totally different story. I used to beat the ever loving shit out of my ZX-7R, probably a solid 8.5/10 every time I twisted my wrist. Of course, I don't ride at all anymore, so that doesn't happen anymore.

I know, backwards, right? Seems like you'd beat on the safer vehicle more. What can I say - I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, sometimes.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
daily driver and my commute lately i am noticing that i shift each gear at like 4k just cuz it sounds so good. bad for gas mileage tho lol. so i would say 7/10.

but with bassani x/borla stingers, 4.10 gears and drag radials it sure makes for a fun drive to and from work :rockon:

cobra_mer

Established Member
I try to baby it but get bored just cruising so I have to let er rip from time to time. Within reason though with 650+ hp 1-3 gears go by quick.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
On the street I pretty much drive everything like a grandma. I'm not a speeder and I don't have the desire to be one.

However I do take my cars to NASA events and such. There they get driven as hard as my skill will allow.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
My friend, your car might be a weezy, slow 2v car, but it definetely a sexy looking car. Clean, simple, great stance and the Saleens fit that bodystyle perfectly. You can always fix the power issue! :rockon:
Haha, thanks man, appreciate it. :beer:

The 2014 GT500 is the same as the current 2013.
Ah ok, I didn't realize they pushed the redesign back until 2015. Good luck!

oldmodman

Established Member
Explorer 8/10
Toyota Corolla 9/10
Cobra 3/10

Those figures are what is required just to keep out of everyones way in traffic.
The Toyota is so slow that if isn't revved to the redline every time it need to move it will get rearended.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
I granny it most of the time. I'd go with 3 most of the time, 5 if i want to get on it. It's my DD and parts breaking gets expensive plus down time.

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
11... I'm not even sure how this POS holds together to be honest. The only days it doesn't see 6500rpm repeatedly is when I don't drive it.

+1000

It's a 10 for me. I drive my cars as hard as I did when I left the dealer lots when I bought them brand new. And i get to do that pretty frequently since all my cars have been daily driven. :burnout:

Last edited:

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
On the street I pretty much drive everything like a grandma. I'm not a speeder and I don't have the desire to be one.

However I do take my cars to NASA events and such. There they get driven as hard as my skill will allow.

Me too.

Users who are viewing this thread