How Locked Down Are You?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wife and I are locked down pretty tight. I go to the office maybe twice a week (it's officially closed) to do need financial stuff, to the post office maybe 4 times a week, and to the bank (drive-up only) once a week. Other than that, we're home 24/7. I do as much office work from home as I can. The rest of the time I'm using to get caught up on house related upkeep (ie. re-doing the wiring for my outside home security cameras), building my gasket inventory, etc. I'm trying to make the most out of the time since it looks like it will be at least until the first week of May because our offices might open again.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Nothing much has changed for us, wife is a nurse that works from home, I'm military so still working as normal, even kid's daycare is still running.

blk02edge

Established Member
Not at all, still going to the race track and back to work next wednesday. Has been a lot of good well thought out distancing/hygeine measures put in place everywhere though

barstowpo

Established Member
Here in MT we are under a stay at home order with many exceptions. I went to Costco and it was empty. The roads are empty and the grocery stores are pretty empty as well. We didn't seem to have the extreme hoarding other areas experienced. All stores did sell out of flour and rice. Premade bread is available. Pasta is pretty wiped out too. We are used to staling home for several weeks at a time in the winter so I think most people have a good supply of things at home.

tistan

Established Member
**** em I don't believe in this bull shit pandemic. I go to work every day, and I refuse to wear a mask or gloves. I go mountain biking 2-3 times a week and stop buy local brewery for to go beers a few times a week. Only thing that's changed is not being able to eat out or go to the bar. Looking at the data, I'm not worried about getting it at all. If I get it, I'll be sick for a week or two and then I should be immune from future infections.

blk02edge

Established Member
**** em I don't believe in this bull shit pandemic. I go to work every day, and I refuse to wear a mask or gloves. I go mountain biking 2-3 times a week and stop buy local brewery for to go beers a few times a week. Only thing that's changed is not being able to eat out or go to the bar. Looking at the data, I'm not worried about getting it at all. If I get it, I'll be sick for a week or two and then I should be immune from future infections.
Its not about you, its about infecting people that have poor immune systems.

blk02edge

Established Member
Last time I checked most grocery stores deliver, weird.
Its the people going around like nothing happened that promote the spread adding to the risk in the grocery stores, people have to deliver the groceries too... You can counter all you want but unless you are treating this GLOBAL issue with respect you are exactly the type of person who is literally killing immune comped people.

The whole world hasnt collectively agreed on anything in the past 100 years until now. Maybe put your own self centered views aside and maybe consider others. I know you wont so keep on keeping on I guess.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not much of a "lock down" as much as a plea to stay inside as much as possible.
How long do they expect people to live like this?!?!? Thank God I get to go to work 3 days a week. It's even worse when the weather is crappy and I can't take the Mustang out. HORRIBLE!!!

****ing China and their virus ****ed the world over good.
Is this a one time virus or is it a yearly thing now???

tistan

Established Member
Out of 7.5 billion people world wide, 1.3 million people have the virus, 65k have died, mostly elderly and already health problems, and were supposed to hunker down as if this boogie man china virus is all around us. Reality is that if healthy people get this virus, their immune systems will be better equipped to fight it the future. They are already fearing a relapse in the fall. It is because we are not letting nature take its course. I refuse to be part of the failed logic of shelter in place.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Out of 7.5 billion people world wide, 1.3 million people have the virus, 65k have died, mostly elderly and already health problems, and were supposed to hunker down as if this boogie man china virus is all around us. Reality is that if healthy people get this virus, their immune systems will be better equipped to fight it the future. They are already fearing a relapse in the fall. It is because we are not letting nature take its course. I refuse to be part of the failed logic of shelter in place.
Yeah, I tried showing the numbers to some family members and all of them still think it is the apocalypse.

I did a white paper on the swine flu a few years ago when this same sort of panic was going on and statistically predicted it wasn't as serious as the media was hyping it to be. Ran the same calcs on this one, although slightly more virulent, seasonal influenza and even diarrhea claim more victims per year. But, what do I know?

Anyway....

Being a process controls engineer, I'm "essential" to many of the chem plants and refineries in the area, I still go to customer sites, some having me rotate out with their own staff.

Twisted2v

Established Member

Yeah, regular joes all over the country are filming empty Hospitals, even in NYC. Ghost town testing sites. Empty white tents outside.

tistan

Established Member
Yeah, regular joes all over the country are filming empty Hospitals, even in NYC. Ghost town testing sites. Empty white tents outside.
My mom was telling me about video from a nurse in NYC showing the same thing. The nurse was also saying that they were being made to list every death in NYC as corona.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My mom was telling me about video from a nurse in NYC showing the same thing. The nurse was also saying that they were being made to list every death in NYC as corona.
The nursing home in the next town had 15 deaths. So sad.
But, marking EVERY death as a Chinese virus is horrible. Why would the government make the nurses/doctors do this?? Isn't that punishable by law about lying of cause of death?? That's horrible.

Twisted2v

Established Member
The nursing home in the next town had 15 deaths. So sad.
But, marking EVERY death as a Chinese virus is horrible. Why would the government make the nurses/doctors do this?? Isn't that punishable by law about lying of cause of death?? That's horrible.

They need word of mouth proof. My sister refuses to watch the videos because her Facebook friend’s uncle’s cousin’s brother died of it.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

AFIFK that's not true. As far as empty temp hospitals a lot of them aren't being utilized yet. Actual hospitals around here are packed. Both my Mom (Fla) and girl's Mom are nurses (ICU NY) and say it's pretty serious. Supposedly NY is averaging a Corona death less than every 5 minutes which is pretty nuts. Granted that's just a clever way of presenting a statistic to make it appear worst.

Honestly I'm in the "try my best but if I get it I get" camp. Liqour stores are still open so not too bad haha. Everything else but groceries and HD/Lowes is shut. Can still find groceries if you look in the right places. Costco has a 30 minute wait to get in.

I dunno taking it seriously I have a good immune system and hardly get sick. With that said I have respiratory issues since birth so when I do it doesnt go well. If you've never experienced breathing "normal" but still having your blood oxygen levels dropping it's pretty scary.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
I too am skeptical about it all, but when you get Trump along with the rest of the world saying how serious this is, why would you not side with caution when peoples lives are on the line. Hearsay stories that you go with simply because its what you want to hear is a large level of mouth breathing arrogance.

I dont believe people should EVER be locked to their homes but use some damn common sense when you are out and about

Users who are viewing this thread