How long do I have???

Clemson

Established Member
When is the latest I will be able to order a '14 GT500? Not sure the finances are going to work out in time.

Quazie

Established Member
Not sure but I heard barrett Jackson auction off the last Allocation a few weeks ago. I know i ordered mine Last september as 13 order and had to wait till the 14 where being built. There are a lot of them at dealerships you should be able to find a package you want already build when the time comes if there or no more orders going in to be built.

raustin0017

Established Member
Hardest thing is to find a dealer who has an allocation available. Real late to get one on order. I started last March....first dealer told me he had an allocation....but lied....and after 8-weeks finally told me the truth. 2nd dealer had allocation....but lost it and contacted me the same day.

I then turned to looking at inventory already on dealer floors. Found the exact car I had ordered (twice) sitting only 200 miles from my front door. Made the deal on the phone...$2,500 under MSRP and picked her up the next day. She had 6 miles on the clock when I drove it off the lot.

If your truly looking....the one you want is out there sitting and waiting for you today. Just have to look. Good luck.

reason4treason

Established Member
Hardest thing is to find a dealer who has an allocation available. Real late to get one on order. I started last March....first dealer told me he had an allocation....but lied....and after 8-weeks finally told me the truth. 2nd dealer had allocation....but lost it and contacted me the same day.

I then turned to looking at inventory already on dealer floors. Found the exact car I had ordered (twice) sitting only 200 miles from my front door. Made the deal on the phone...$2,500 under MSRP and picked her up the next day. She had 6 miles on the clock when I drove it off the lot.

If your truly looking....the one you want is out there sitting and waiting for you today. Just have to look. Good luck.

always happy to hear about somebody getting a great price and finding just what you wanted. I think if somebody wants a low-optioned car though, there are far fewer to choose from, especially if that person has their mind set on a particular color too. if somebody wants black/black, loaded except for no glass roof, you wouldn't have to search too long to find one of those.

to the OP, if it takes longer for you to get $ arranged, once winter gets here, far fewer of them are sold. so you're probably going to be able to get a better price then, plus whatever is on lots will probably not be getting picked over as fast as in summer, which gives you more time to try to find exactly what you want. great if you can place an order now, but if not, all is not yet lost. keep in mind though, that if you had an order and it was a distance from home, you could get a courtesy drop. once builds stop, you've going to have to drive it home or pay the cost of shipping.

Last edited:

big_ole_truck

Established Member
Hardest thing is to find a dealer who has an allocation available. Real late to get one on order.
So true! I started looking for a '14 and found this out.

You're a very lucky guy. I found two exactly the way I wanted it equipped, in the color I sought, both in my home state. One car was 300 miles away, the other 60 miles. Strangely enough, both cars were built the same day and still enroute to the dealer. The further distance dealer had a deposit on the car by a local customer and the other dealer (60 miles away) demanded a $8500 ADM.

Perhaps. In my case, I can see it but I can't touch. There was another dealer barely across the state line, with a different color, and it too was enroute. That dealer demanded a reduced ADM of only $3k (I know, I know, what a kind hearted, so considerate dealer!). My experience will likely lead me away from Ford, maybe towards the foreign brands. From my experience of buying domestic vehicles, I can't stand the buying experience for much more. Nice cars, but horrible customer relationship with some of the overtly greedy dealers. My purchase experience with the German and Japanese brands is so much better, and considerably more pleasant. I'd love a new '14 Shelby, and was so determined to get one. Not so much now.

Mombo

Established Member
4 GT500's

So true! I started looking for a '14 and found this out.

You're a very lucky guy. I found two exactly the way I wanted it equipped, in the color I sought, both in my home state. One car was 300 miles away, the other 60 miles. Strangely enough, both cars were built the same day and still enroute to the dealer. The further distance dealer had a deposit on the car by a local customer and the other dealer (60 miles away) demanded a $8500 ADM.

Perhaps. In my case, I can see it but I can't touch. There was another dealer barely across the state line, with a different color, and it too was enroute. That dealer demanded a reduced ADM of only $3k (I know, I know, what a kind hearted, so considerate dealer!). My experience will likely lead me away from Ford, maybe towards the foreign brands. From my experience of buying domestic vehicles, I can't stand the buying experience for much more. Nice cars, but horrible customer relationship with some of the overtly greedy dealers. My purchase experience with the German and Japanese brands is so much better, and considerably more pleasant. I'd love a new '14 Shelby, and was so determined to get one. Not so much now.

Here are 4 that i just looked up on ebay.
Hope this helps you out and i hope you get the car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35cb0156a4&vxp=mtr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3384a6a68d&vxp=mtr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35cad3e376&vxp=mtr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-/300953345585?hash=item4612379e31&vxp=mtr

Keep looking and if you get lucky you will find what you want...:beer:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
My experience will likely lead me away from Ford, maybe towards the foreign brands. From my experience of buying domestic vehicles, I can't stand the buying experience for much more. Nice cars, but horrible customer relationship with some of the overtly greedy dealers. My purchase experience with the German and Japanese brands is so much better, and considerably more pleasant. I'd love a new '14 Shelby, and was so determined to get one. Not so much now.

Really? You are aware that German and Japanese Dealerships do not import salesmen into the US to kiss your ass right? I have known some class A douche bags, and they have worked for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Merc Benz, Lexus (they really like Lexus suckers), and every other make.

Don't be a troll please. Ford just builds the cars. If you are like me and can't stand a single dealer in your hometown- might want to do what I did, and find one here or another GT500 supported forum. I can think of about 5 or 6 guys here or at Team Shelby that can either get you in to a GT500 of your choice or find it for you for somewhere around sticker price. They can even have it shipped to you if you don't see the fun in driving it home.

Don't mean to sound rude, but don't crap on Ford because of a few dumb asses at a local dealership.

big_ole_truck

Established Member
Mombo...thanks! I tried to pick dealers within 200 or so miles from my house so I could drive the trade-in over and drive the '14 Shelby back in the same day. If I sell my 2011 privately, then there's more choices such as shipping the car to the house from a more distant dealer or flying out to get the car and driving it back.

dubs...My local Ford dealer was out of allocation but tried their best to deal with another dealer for the Shelby I wanted. Superior level of treatment but the reality of situation was the surrounding dealers wouldn't sell without their ADM. The dumbasses weren't at the local dealership, they were at the dealers with inventory. IMHO, the douche bag concentration levels are high at those Ford dealers selling at ADM, particularly at the new car sales manager level and higher.

As for overall customer satisfaction, the vehicle itself, the dealings to acquire the vehicle, and the service after the sale are all important factors. Some Ford dealers haven't learned this, and Ford should be concerned.

If people can find the '14 Shelby they want at the price they like, take it. Inventory isn't likely to get better.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Widen your search. I don't understand when someone wants to buy a vehicle and then limits themselves to driving less than XXX miles. For the money a vehicle costs why not drive a decent distance? I have gone over a 1,000 miles for the right vehicle and drove it home--and had a great time doing it!

Tom

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Widen your search. I don't understand when someone wants to buy a vehicle and then limits themselves to driving less than XXX miles. For the money a vehicle costs why not drive a decent distance? I have gone over a 1,000 miles for the right vehicle and drove it home--and had a great time doing it!

Tom

This!

I've bought my last 3 Shelby's atleast 900 miles away! And have saved a total of probably $15k on 3 cars vs what I would have had to pay locally

Other than an errant tire retread taking out the lower splitter, it's been a great time!

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
That answers my question about what they will do with the plant since the 15 isn't ready to go into production yet.

Users who are viewing this thread