How low is too low?

rwleonard

Established Member
Is five inches at the rocker panels too low for the street?

Thanks,

Rick

rwleonard

Established Member
Thanks. Let me rephrase. Does anyone here have experience running that height or lower on the street?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My ACR is 4" off the ground at the front frame under the engine and 5 3/8" at the frame under the rear differential.

I have no idea how the rocker panels are in relation to the frame on your car though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks. Let me rephrase. Does anyone here have experience running that height or lower on the street?
@PaxtonShelby's reply still holds true. The height that you decide on is heavily affected by the roads/driveways in your area. Speedbumps, road dips, too. There are areas like SCal that have relatively flat roads where a lower height will work better than, say, here in northeast. Road conditions are a huge factor with regard to ride height.

rwleonard

Established Member
I am trying to be polite here and not type "well duh." The referenced post is absolutely true and absolutely no help at all. I would like to get a little feed back from different members experiences. Thanks.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
My GT500 is at stock height. Our country roads are shit. Scraped my splitter several times.

Member experience.

Hope that helps.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Im at 5 inches exactly and measured right under at the GT500 decal behind front wheel.

Also at 3.5" at both corners of my front chin spolier. So I have to angle my turns to just about any inclines.

Im running Eibach Sportline springs as well which are one of the lower spring drops there is I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread