How many gt500s without stripes?

ELITE1

addicted to SVTP
Established Member
I would like to know that as well, as I have no stripes on my GT500. I know that there are at least 8 GT500's that I have seen posted on here and other forums that do not have stripes some are coupes and some are verts.

Streetpwr281

Established Member
I tried backing into the number based on several posts on www.stangsunleashed.com regarding white coupes overall less those with blue stripes, red stripes, and tungsten stripes. Seems that white 07' GT-500s with full stripe delete number somewhere < 25 units.

Not official by any means as SVT says those figures won't be available for another couple of weeks (exact stripe counts).

chuckstang

Established Member
SVT told me we will never know how many were built with full stripe delete :(

I know black would be the most common but how common, 500 total? There were only about 1600 total black coupes made.

chuckstang

Established Member
03Snake-nice choice on the combo, you will love it but that combo really makes you notice all the plastic on the car, I think it is because normally your eyes focus on all the stripes detracting from the plastic. I would love to see a full stripe delete with the front splitter painted, mirrors, side skirts and rear diffuser and perhaps even the hood vents painted! Is this photoshopable?

trolls56

Established Member
i would have to think full delete would have to be the rarest combos. I personally not a big fan of the stripes. I really dont like the side stripe no offence to anyone. Anyone have just the top stripes?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
trolls56 said:
i would have to think full delete would have to be the rarest combos. I personally not a big fan of the stripes. I really dont like the side stripe no offence to anyone. Anyone have just the top stripes?

IMHO, the side stripes are the most subtle of all. Top stripes without the side stripes would look like ass if you ask me! The other way, is just fine!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

trolls56

Established Member
not saying it would look better just wondering if anyone has it. i personally like no stripes at all.

commando

Established Member
I know the top stripes are decals but someone told me the bottom side stripes are painted? Is that right? And could you just peel the stripes off if you wanted?

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
chuckstang said:
03Snake-nice choice on the combo, you will love it but that combo really makes you notice all the plastic on the car, I think it is because normally your eyes focus on all the stripes detracting from the plastic. I would love to see a full stripe delete with the front splitter painted, mirrors, side skirts and rear diffuser and perhaps even the hood vents painted! Is this photoshopable?

I agree. I had thought about adding alloy side stripes but got too busy and forgot. Oh by the way, I did get a VIN, and delivery is scheduled for week of 24 SEP.....

chuckstang

Established Member
That is awsome!
The HIDs will look sick as well.
I may order the alloy sides some day as I can get them for only 100 bucks.

Cant wait to see yours

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
chuckstang said:
That is awsome!
The HIDs will look sick as well.
I may order the alloy sides some day as I can get them for only 100 bucks.

Cant wait to see yours

Chuck,
I seriously can't wait to show it to you...........

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
no stripes, alloy coupe

lowerc.jpg

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
I know from my conversation with Ford Racing that the Vista Blue with no stripes was the rarest coupe with only 9 being made. You can start from there.

chuckstang

Established Member
147 Black coupes made with over the top stripe delete, but figure in about 50 or so with the side stripe, that leaves about 100 full stripe delete black coupes

:D

Me likey

Users who are viewing this thread