How many have got away from you?

wesessiah

Established Member
you seem to think we're the gestapo. what i am trying to tell you is i don't run a 29 check on someone just because they ask me directions, and you don't run a plate just because a vehicle is in front of you. i have a list of people my department has warrants on, but i'm not going to know someone else has a warrant on them until i run a check, which i'm not going to do with random people for no reason.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
If you guys haven't figured out Relaxed Chaos by now you are all wasting your time.

Logic means nothing to him when it comes to Law Enforcement. He's just a hater and not worth a logical response.

I'll get back to harassing the innocent. :rollseyes

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
lol, up here in denver they are a mid 16 car, low 16 if the driver knows how to get it off the line.

So a little higher altitude adds two seconds to a 14 second car? :??:

And you seem to be forgetting the obvious from your story. There doesn't have to be ill intent when committing a traffic violation to be cited for it. The simple act is enough. It's not personal. Learn how to drive your truck in the rain. :shrug:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
^^ So you are trying to tell me that in 2012 LEO's do not have the ability to run a query on known warrants and known addresses and get a list of names and go pick them up?

That's CRAAAAAAZZZZYYY!

That is what warrant units are for. Most of the addresses are bad. Criminals tend to move around a lot and do no give forwarding addresses to the police. I know, hard to believe right. I should be like shooting fish in a barrel. :shrug:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
If you guys haven't figured out Relaxed Chaos by now you are all wasting your time.

Logic means nothing to him when it comes to Law Enforcement. He's just a hater and not worth a logical response.

I'll get back to harassing the innocent. :rollseyes

I know it might be hard for you to grasp, but there are other ways to think about public safety, crime prevention, law enforcement, and personal freedom beyond the way this country currently practices law enforcement. From the street cop to the lawyer, many in the system have a perverted sense of purpose.

You might just be a product of a corrupt and brutal way of thinking about personal freedom and government responsibility.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I know it might be hard for you to grasp, but there are other ways to think about public safety, crime prevention, law enforcement, and personal freedom beyond the way this country currently practices law enforcement. From the street cop to the lawyer, many in the system have a perverted sense of purpose.

You might just be a product of a corrupt and brutal way of thinking about personal freedom and government responsibility.

Why would you continue to comment on something you have absolutely no knowledge of?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
The young guns on the force is always the ones that are quick to over react. I wouldn't say all of them, but most of them are. Usually, the older guys with more experience and are more calm when they come up to you.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You're right, I initially said I wouldn't comment anyway. Any further debate would be like talking to a brick wall.
the difference is that the brick wall will actually give you a reasonable well thought out response.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Never really ran, but I have ducked and covered. Driving a MG in my younger days, it was not fast enough to run. It was more strategy over speed.

Sounds familiar.

Just one time for me. Back in the late 80's in Gainesville, FL. On my old Suzuki 750, I was going too fast. A cop in the oncomming lane flipped his lights on and was waiting for traffic to U-turn after me. I was right by the UF campus where motorcycles and scooters are parked everywhere. Since I could see the cop still waiting to turn, and I knew he did not see my plates, I just turned into campus parking, and parked my bike as quickly as I could. Tossed my helmet and jacket behind some bushes and walked accross the street and ate a burger at BK. The cop seemed to round the block a few times and drove off. My thought at the time, was if he managed to see where I parked, I would just stand there and wait for him.

I know it was wrong, but my addrenaline was pumping and I was pretty sure he would never find me.

I have NEVER even considered 'running' at any other time. And there have been opportunities. Mostely, I just try to fly under the radar and stay out of trouble.

Last edited:

darkpony02

What flashing lights?
Established Member
Ran a few times on foot when I was younger, and once during a snow storm. The Trooper was in a Crown Vic and hit the bubble gum machine up top. I saw it come on and put the hammer down, he came sliding sideways onto the highway and couldn't keep it straight. There was about 4 or so inches of fresh snow on the ground and I was in a FWD sedan. The odds were in my favor. Got away that night, but it was late 90's and I wouldn't do it again.

A month ago I was doing 115 or so on my ZX6R not paying attention in the fast lane, a Trooper lit me up. I made my way to the shoulder. After being berated for 5 mins, he handed my license back and I was on my way. If I had ran, who knows how the story would have ended. My age has made me realize that it's cheaper and easier to pull over and admit to having had a lapse of better judgement, than face the alternative.

On a side note, take a look at who runs. It's not guys with 100k super cars and proper training. It's people with $600 junkyard specials with may pops and a fifth of Jack in their system.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I did it one time in my Lightning back in the day:

Was having a crappy day and kind of zoned out running about 80 in a 60 on a country road when a FHP came around the curve in front of me and radar detector exploded. I saw him hit the lights and go to swing it around. I went on around the curve fully intending to pull over and had even began slowing to pull onto the shoulder. Something in my brain just snapped when i saw the blues come around the curve and, despite my brain screaming at my foot to stop it just wouldn;t listen and pressed the pedal to the floor.

He was in a crown Vic and never stood a chance but I was gone....Got up to 140ish and put a few turns between us and pulled into a friends garage. Was standing in friends yard with the Lightning hidden in the garage when the trooper came by. A few minutes later he came back by and asked us if we had heard/seen a grey truck fly down the road. We told him yes and he went on his way...I remember him commenting that it had to be a Lightning the way it took off (it was so hard for me not to grin when he said it)...

I decided the next day to drive my girlfriend's car (who is now my wife) to work and let her take the Lightning since she wasn't going anywhere that day. Well she decided to run into town to get lunch and had the misfortune of pulling out in front of said trooper. I get this call at work from her screaming at me that a cop is right on her bumper the whole way (15 miles +/-), and then he followed her all the way back to the house the same way...

I still hear about it to this day...And knowing my wife will always have that as ammo for the rest of our lives together is far worse than any ticket...

Funny part was it turned out the trooper was a friend of my moms (my parents are both in the LE business) and I bumped into him at her house one time while I still had the Lightning. He never said a word to her but he did make it a point to want to go outside and look at my truck. While we were out there he pulled out his notepad and took my tag, smiled at me and said hope you enjoyed the only "gimmie" I'm ever going to give you...

Never happened again...

Last edited:

LT1Squirrel

Established Member
Once in my old trans am, was going about 90 on a dead road in bumble**** south jersey, saw lights swing around and carry on behind me, dropped it into 3rd and took off, guess he gave up after a while

Users who are viewing this thread