How many have got away from you?

Kiohtee

Established Member
IDC if non-LEO users wanna post in here, but I don't wanna hear about you and your buddies' exaggerated running stories.

How many times have you been outran/lost by someone? I LOL every time I hear someone wanting to outrun cops (especially when all they drive is stock/lightly modded Mustang's and Camaro's and the like).

I understand it's not impossible, but it's gonna take a lot of luck and skill. I'd imagine it'd have to be dark for beginners, and that the cop(s) would have to be on the other side of a highway while you're doing a good 100+ while you swiftly take a near exit or side road.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I got away from a cop in highschool while driving my extra super loud hotrod 72 F100. The only reason I got away was because a car turned into the parking lot the cop was in while he was trying to leave, blocking his way. Looking back on it now, he must not have wanted to get me too bad because he could have just hopped the curb.

Also, by extra super loud, I mean it was as slow and ugly as it was loud.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I have more then my fair share of run stories, and escapes in my coupe, and a few other mustangs. No way in heck I would do it now though.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
I've gotten away a few times in Missouri, but I wouldn't try that shit in Texas.

Blackness03

Established Member
i seen an idiot outrun the cops in myrtle beach once on a busa. he was riding a wheelie in front of me when the cops cut across the grass. he rode the white line passing i bet 30 cars, then hauled ass down the next road. i seen him at the bar like 30min later drinking beer with his bike parked behind a dumpster. lol

Woody6799

Established Member
One car has gotten away from me so far in 7 years, it was a GTR doing over 100 on the highway when I saw him. White, gold rims, tinted windows, and def and exhaust, I heard him coming before I ever saw him. I had just cleared a stop and never even turned off my lights. I fired after him but he downshifted and took off. I called it out on the radio and a few other guys saw him after he exited the highway but the old crown vics just couldnt pull off a victory that day. He snuck away and I didn't know if I should be mad or impressed bc it was a sexy car.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Ive gotten away more times that I care to admit. The town I grew up in had a horrible police force. There are a ton of cops but they were terribly unorganized and slow to respond. My friends all wired there cars with a rear brake light shut off switch. Since we all raced at night WHEN(not if but when) the cops showed up and people took off, whoever got chased could shut off the tail lights and still have their head lights active. That was a long time ago. I would not even think of running now that I live in Denver. To many innocent people, ive grown up, and the police force is much more organized, also, they have a chopper:D.

I do have a question though(if I may). Over the years through simple conversation I have asked multiple officers how many people have gotten away and every single one puffs out his chest and says something along the lines of "no one gets away if I want to catch them" or "I have cought every person dumb enough to run" things like that. To all you officers on here. Why do they do that? Is it a false sense of intimedation? Im honestly curious and have contimplated this for years. I figure this is a good place to ask, lol. Thanks :beer:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I do have a question though(if I may). Over the years through simple conversation I have asked multiple officers how many people have gotten away and every single one puffs out his chest and says something along the lines of "no one gets away if I want to catch them" or "I have cought every person dumb enough to run" things like that. To all you officers on here. Why do they do that? Is it a false sense of intimedation? Im honestly curious and have contimplated this for years. I figure this is a good place to ask, lol. Thanks :beer:

They are all badasses I guess. :shrug:

It happens, they usually get caught later. It's not like the people that run from the police are smart and never commit a crime again. :nonono: It usually catches up to them.

I've had a handful get away. Not a big deal really. First one that got away on foot pissed me off until I saw he ran out of his shoes, behind a shitty apartment complex with broken glass everywhere. I followed the blood trail for a while and said screw it, he's much worse off now that he would have been if he had stopped in the first place. He was only dragging barricades onto a back street, not really committing serious crimes here. :lol1:

Our vehicle pursuit policy is pretty tailored towards violent felonies only now. So the few that feel like running for traffic stuff don't even get chased, too much risk involved. Does that count as "getting away"?

**Cannot wait till Digital enters with his awesome police getaway stories. :bored:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
During my career, I caught my fair share and lost some too. Never take it that personal, there will always be tomorrow and it will bring a new crop of dumbasses; most of the low-hanging fruit variety....

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I do have a question though(if I may). Over the years through simple conversation I have asked multiple officers how many people have gotten away and every single one puffs out his chest and says something along the lines of "no one gets away if I want to catch them" or "I have cought every person dumb enough to run" things like that. To all you officers on here. Why do they do that? Is it a false sense of intimedation? Im honestly curious and have contimplated this for years. I figure this is a good place to ask, lol. Thanks :beer:[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind most cops work fairly hard on maintaining a survival mindset. Unfortunately, not all of them work as hard on their physical stamina. Part of the mindset is embracing the fact no one pays you to lose, and losing may carry the penalty of being injured or killed. Cops don't get to choose the time or place, they get paid to do the job, and make it home to their families. If puffing out ones chest makes that a reality - so be it. Like I said in an earlier post; there are towns full of dumbass criminals, but there is only one me. I don't care about them, I just care about me. I will play the game by the rules and if they get away; they will be back to play tomorrow. The rules are important, seperates us from them.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
Lol, I just picked up one that ran from me 3 weeks ago!!! He will be away for a little!!!

Kiohtee

Established Member
I just can't believe how slow the Dodge Chargers are. I pretty much knew the Crown Victoria's were nothing to write home about, but damn! Then again, I don't know how credible the sources are but the majority of them point to the same findings; low 14 to low 15-second cars. :nonono:

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I've shamefully run from the cops a few times in my younger years in an old Buick LeSabre, or Chevy Impala, and never got caught. (just for speeding and they were sitting somewhere) Looking back on those times in my life, I realize how freaking stupid that was and how I could have killed myself or someone else driving that way.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
I just can't believe how slow the Dodge Chargers are. I pretty much knew the Crown Victoria's were nothing to write home about, but damn! Then again, I don't know how credible the sources are but the majority of them point to the same findings; low 14 to low 15-second cars. :nonono:

You don't need a racecar to catch someone lol. Ask me how I know this....

Doesn't matter what the 1/4 mile is, you're not racing them.

Users who are viewing this thread