How many hours should it take to install a Nitrous Plate kit?

PurposebuiltGT

Established Member
I dropped the car off at a "reputable" shop for a nitrous outlet plate kit installation on Monday (No one on here!). I am curious what you guys figure I would expect to spend for the installation. The shop charges $100 an hour. Before dropping the car off, I assembled and installed the plate, solenoids and purge kit.

What was left to do was:
-Mount Bottle Heater
-Run Nitrous feed line
-All wiring
*Bottle heater
*NOS Progressive Controller
*Solenoids
*Nitrous Outlet switch panel

How much should I expect to pay?

They told me 2 days for the install and would have it ready by Tuesday. I dropped the car off on Monday morning and now they tell me it won't be ready until tomorrow (Friday). They told me the NOS progressive controller isn't working properly and are waiting on a response from NOS for the past 2 days. The car is my DD and my backup car is tied up because one of my family members has been hospitalized. Meaning I need to find rides to work and back.

Am I entitled to compensation for the failed delivery date?

4VFTW

Established Member
it took me an afternoon to install mine without the prog controller, I would have picked my car up and brought it back to them when they had a response/solution for the prog controller and it was convenient for me.

PurposebuiltGT

Established Member
Entitled to? No, especially if it's a faulty product and entirely out of their hands. Question is if you supplied the parts, are they entitled to charge you to R&R the faulty parts a second time...

If its a faulty part then its understandable. But I used to work for one of the top companies/ shops in Chicago that build the world's fastest GTR's. This situation would be unacceptable and they would definitely make it right. They were too backed up to take on this job and one of the guys who worked there used to be part owner of the shop my car is at. This shop is very familiar with Nitrous Outlet but primarily builds corvettes and has one of the "best" wiring guys in the area.

I guess what is upsetting is that they call me and tell me the car will be ready. I will set up a ride to go get the car since I work about an hour away. Then they'll call me late in the afternoon and say the car won't be ready.

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
I've dropped a lot of my cars off at a lot of different places to have a lot of different things done. If you are going to play that game be prepared to have delays and obstacles. The people in the shops are human too. They run into issues just like you would in your driveway. Sometimes it could be the smoothest transaction and sometimes the opposite.

To answer your question, no, your entitled to nothing. You didn't sign a contract stating the car would be done a certain time. That was an estimate.

PurposebuiltGT

Established Member
So I picked up the car and Holley is taking the NOS controller back. The wiring looks damn near stock (pics will come later). The install cost me $2000. They were good guys about the situation and dropped 5 hours as well as offered to install the new progressive controller for free.

LQQKOUT

Established Member
I hate reading posts like this. They charged you for their incompetence. It shouldn't take more than 5-8 hrs to install this nitrous kit.

dennisn

Established Member
I hate reading posts like this. They charged you for their incompetence. It shouldn't take more than 5-8 hrs to install this nitrous kit.

You are so dead nuts on.

You need to let us know the name of the shop so we can spread the word.

This shop happen to be in schaumburg?

Users who are viewing this thread