How many of you can actually afford a 2017 Ford GT?

Can you afford a 2017 Ford GT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4a7191a

Established Member
If I sold the house,cashed out my 401k. Sold all five vehicles ... And bought a port o john to put next to said GT in an empty public lot as to live inside of the GT, I'd be able to swing the note and have it paid for in 7 years tops.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I can write a check for one.....it'll bounce like a superball, but I can write it. Short of winning the lottery, not happening on my paycheck.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
We don't have a clue what it will cost. 180k? 250k? 300k+? Gotta figure up maintenance as well. That certainly won't be cheap.

kaz109

Established Member
I can't, but if I could there would be a lot of cars in front of it I would buy instead.

I agree with this 100%....at 200k there are probably 10 cars minimum I would want before a GT. Not taking anything away from it but it doesn't "WOW" me like it does other ppl

Whippled3v

Established Member
Realistically speaking...

My Dad wants to buy one. In that blue

Currently owns a 06 Whippled GT. He was "disappointed" that it was a v6. I told him it has 600+hp and showed him the video

No longer dissapointed

Unfortunately as of now the "Liquid Blue" isn't a production paint color. I'm hoping this changes with enough positive feedback from the debut, and also that it doesn't change your dads mind on buying this beautiful machine.

http://jalopnik.com/no-you-cant-have-that-gorgeous-shade-of-ford-gt-blue-1679302070

I have a 06 Whippled GT as well
...just a different breed GT :lol:

Intervention302

Established Member
Unfortunately as of now the "Liquid Blue" isn't a production paint color. I'm hoping this changes with enough positive feedback from the debut, and also that it doesn't change your dads mind on buying this beautiful machine.

http://jalopnik.com/no-you-cant-have-that-gorgeous-shade-of-ford-gt-blue-1679302070

I have a 06 Whippled GT as well
...just a different breed GT :lol:
Damn... I had no idea. He won't be happy

Here's his GT

d8877bf716c7dffb5eac6a159c8d0526.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I won't have one personally but there's a good chance I'll have access to one. It'll be on my list of cars to purchase down the road, that for sure!

No complaining on my end either. This car is perfect in every single way. Utilizing a V6 to me shows that they were more concerned about size and packaging and overall performace than just putting a V8 in there to make the morons happy. Just throwing the 5.0 in there may have made that tapered rear end impossible and then you want twins added to that? Some of you need to learn you can't have it all... actually you can because it's right here, but to some of you having it all means having two more cylinders. Your complaints are based off nothing of value as this V6 has managed speeds on a racetrack that rival the speeds of any Ford V8 in it's vast racing history. You think it sounds weak? How many people do you hear complaining about GTR's exhaust note when they're spitting flames and running with 1500hp Gallardos? I would like to see those of you complaining take a ride around a track in one of these and hear what you have to say after.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have never seen a Ford GT here in Minnesota ...or really any supercar for that matter, that didnt involve a car show.

I could maybe afford one if I sold my house and moved back in with daddy, but even then it would rough.

LOL, I have at our local Ford dealership when I was a salesman. But of course not on the road just cruising around.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not even close! The only way I'll ever have one is if Treynor buys it for me as a gift. LOL!

Machdup1

Established Member
After you spend your big bucks on the new GT, some guy will pull up next to you in a Fairmont with a turbo Ls engine that he invested 2K on and blow your doors off in front of your woman.

Correction, the guy in the fairmont would win the race, but his woman would go home with the Ford GT owner.

BTW, if you can afford the FGT, you can afford to mod the shit out of it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My dad will get one.

But LOL at the thread asking if people can afford it and right now the price tag looks like $XXXXXXXX haha

"Hell yeah I can afford it bro!"

Users who are viewing this thread