How many people are using the oval throttle

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am using it right now, I'm not seeing any huge issues...the monoblade will float a little when you get off the throttle, only thing I have noticed that is somewhat a problem for me is at times when you come off high speed or just clutch the car real quick the rpms will bounce until it balances the a/f mix. You are prolly looking at about 40rwhp with a tune maybe a tad more.
Would guess your tune isn't correct, have no " float " on mine..

6April2012JDMtrip005.jpg

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
That doesn't sound "figured out" to me. :dw:

Why don't you have it on your website? Kinda hard to trust getting a tune from you guys on a part you won't even sell on your site. I've checked a lot because I want that 72mm monoblade sooo badly, but you don't carry/advertise it. Makes me trepid.

Not sure what you're talking about, it's listed in EVERY GT500 section in the throttle body sub sections...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-racing-super-cobra-jet-oval-throttle-body.html

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Called before and someone told me you use the twin 65 and you don't stock the oval.:shrug:

We stock the dual 65 because it's used in more packages (some gt500 packages as well as coyote S/C packages). We use the Super Cobra Jet monoblade on our 13 GT500 and use it in the higher HP packages.

Van@RevanRacing

.Have no " hangs and throttle issues ".on my mono-blade....tune needs more grooming ?

Mine is perfect and yes svtbird91 Lund does have it figured out. Some cars are reacting differently than others to the monoblade. In fact some have had multiple oval TB's and the same car reacted different with each throttle and the same tune. Hmm, possibly the TB is the issue. That issue has been isolated.

The known factor is Lund Racing DOES NOT jack flywheel torque errors into test mode to make any throttle work and idle like some jackwagon "tooners" do.

91svtbird

Established Member
do you have one? have you driven one? speak on it brother!

Just going by your own statement.."it floats a little then comes back down" isn't exactly "having it down" that's why I laughed. Sounds like a "hanging throttle" to me......Maybe I misinterpreted your statement, does it drive exactly like the stock TB does or does it "hang a bit longer"?

topless10th

Established Member
Just going by your own statement.."it floats a little then comes back down" isn't exactly "having it down" that's why I laughed. Sounds like a "hanging throttle" to me......Maybe I misinterpreted your statement, does it drive exactly like the stock TB does or does it "hang a bit longer"?

so you respond with a neg comment in a man's post about an item you have absolutely no experience with??? to answer your question does it drive exactly like stock? hell no, it ***king hammers! the small amount of float, which i hope you don't misinterpret, seems to be diminishing. i have had the monoblade issues that everyone is worried about in cars before this, so i can say with experience, this tune is on. if you doubted my statement and had nothing to contribute, you should have sent it in a pm. john

91svtbird

Established Member
so you respond with a neg comment in a man's post about an item you have absolutely no experience with??? to answer your question does it drive exactly like stock? hell no, it ***king hammers! the small amount of float, which i hope you don't misinterpret, seems to be diminishing. i have had the monoblade issues that everyone is worried about in cars before this, so i can say with experience, this tune is on. if you doubted my statement and had nothing to contribute, you should have sent it in a pm. john

I too have had the monoblade issues in the past as well so I know first hand all about them. I also know very well how a stock TB is supposed to operate and other than it's normal factory dashpot settings it's not supposed to be hanging or floating notably when coming down off high RPM's. So when a member here post's this kind of information about what he is experiencing I have every right to doubt that Mr Lund has the tune "down" with this monoblade..... no need for a PM either this is an open thread. Glad your happy with yours .

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
so what is the hp gain over the dual 65mm one, all other things being equal??

Planeswalker

Established Member
Has anybody done the SCJ Mono Blade installation themselves? Got one coming in but I don't see any installation instructions posted anywhere online and I want to have everything ready for when it gets here.

TORQJNKY

I am using it right now, I'm not seeing any huge issues...the monoblade will float a little when you get off the throttle, only thing I have noticed that is somewhat a problem for me is at times when you come off high speed or just clutch the car real quick the rpms will bounce until it balances the a/f mix. You are prolly looking at about 40rwhp with a tune maybe a tad more.

I have the identical symptoms. Very small hang but really a non-issue.

On a side note, if anyone is interested, my Ford Racing Wide Oval TB is satin black. I am looking to trade it for a polished Wide Oval. The previous owner put it on but I prefer the polished look. Car has 1600 miles on it and the TB has less. Pic below. PM me if you are interested in trading. :beer:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Has anybody done the SCJ Mono Blade installation themselves? Got one coming in but I don't see any installation instructions posted anywhere online and I want to have everything ready for when it gets here.

It's so simple, you don't need instructions. Just take the old one off and put the new on in its place. Done.

edit:
And get a tune.

Planeswalker

Established Member
It's so simple, you don't need instructions. Just take the old one off and put the new on in its place. Done.

edit:
And get a tune.

Thanks, thought that may be it, just seemed to easy. Got the tune already and a dyno for #s scheduled for next Friday.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
My mistake. I was thinking VMP. They don't carry it; yet. If they [VMP] do, I've never been able to find it, only that huge Whipple one; 162mm or something like that.

We don't stock it, but obviously can get it. Is it slightly more challenging to get perfect than a twin blade? Yeah, somewhat.

Hanging is generally dashpot. As Van suggests its probably more of an adaptive learning thing.

We can adjust the tune for monoblades, Jon can, as can others. It's not black magic.

SOME monoblades are more prone to idiosyncrasies than others. The basic size of the butterfly lends itself to just opening a manhole cover. The materials (on some) expand and contract, eventually allowing enough airflow to pass by that you get a code.

We normally recommend the twin bore because it IS smoother. MOST (99 percent) people prefer linear operation above 5-10 extra hp that they can't feel.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

Users who are viewing this thread